What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

rx 5700xt not working on Core 2 quad q8400

Killerdk001

My Mobo is Intel DG41TY DDR2. The Isssue Is When I Try To Install graphics Drivers It Shows Display Driver Failed To Start And it Is Automatically Switching To Microsoft Basic Display Adapter. Anyone help Please..

JD

Staff member
That's a pretty old system, what's your power supply? Perhaps it's not getting enough power to run fully.

Also what OS version? Did you have a graphics card in it before?

Honestly though, that's a lot of GPU for such an old CPU, you're going to be bottlenecked pretty severly.

Killerdk001

That's a pretty old system, what's your power supply? Perhaps it's not getting enough power to run fully.

Also what OS version? Did you have a graphics card in it before?

Honestly though, that's a lot of GPU for such an old CPU, you're going to be bottlenecked pretty severly.
My Psu Is Coolermaster 750w And Os is Windows 10 1903 Build I had Ancient Gpu Geforce 210 Previously

Bond007

Agree with the likely problem, as well as the fact that is a very poor balance. Your CPU would probably struggle to load the gpu more than 25%. You're really going to need something a bit more modern.

gingerbee

ryzen 2000 series parts can be had for a true bargain right now if you want to upgrade cpu+board+ram. just wanted to point that out if you want to upgrade

MvSlainXVII

Better upgrade the whole PC cause looking at the spec it is very old and even if it ran in the first case then there will be CPU bound bottlenecking meaning that the CPU hold backs the GPU.

djbrad

On my C2Q Q9500 htpc system, I was able to get working a geforce 710, 750 and 1030. If you can get a refund for your 5700xt, get one of those.
Of with the refund, build an amd apu system with it.

Latest posts