What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Samsung Galaxy S Froyo (Android 2.2) Update beginning to make the rounds!

thorn

thorn

Well, looks like us Canadian folk will have to wait till mid December for froyo on the SGS, from Samsung Canada's FB page:

Samsung Canada said:
We’d like to acknowledge the tremendous interest in the Froyo (Android 2.2) upgrade for Galaxy S series smartphones in Canada. We are working diligently to provide a tested and secure upgrade experience in Canada. Android 2.2 will be released for Vibrant from Bell and Captivate from Rogers in mid-December, and for the Fascinate from TELUS in early 2011. We’ll post further details as they become available.

Arinoth

Staff member
Seriously how frigin hard is it to roll it out for us? I am not impressed with samsung

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
that's a joke? the next version will already be out? What the hell are they doing?

They need to release a custom version which incorporates all of the idiotic application locks the telecom companies here want on phones they sell.

CMetaphor

Quadfather
They need to release a custom version which incorporates all of the idiotic application locks the telecom companies here want on phones they sell.

Word.

That's why the Dell streak, a brand-new 5-inch tablet/phone, is stuck at Android 1.6 for the moment :doh:

sa seba

That's what xda developers is for ;-)
If my wife let me touch her galaxy s, it would already run a froyo variation, without all the crapware from samsung.

thorn

I will wait until the official one comes out, that way they can make custom ROMs with the proper modem and all that (with some ROMs you lose the 850 band). My phone does not seem to suffer from the issues people have, likely due to it being from a more recent production batch, the only thing I was really looking forward to was flash support.

sa seba

Well, try the skyfire browser for now, which has flash "build in".
They hopefully fix the GPS issues with their upcoming froyo update as well.

Latest posts