What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Soundbar for Desktop PC

Skippman

Is anyone using a soundbar for their desktop rig? I love my Arctis Pro Wireless headphones but I don't want to wear cans all day long. I have a 5.1 speaker setup right now, but the rear speakers don't really seem to add anything and I'd like something a little more streamlined.

Izerous

Folding Team
I tried using an LG sound plate for a while but I didn't like the lack of control it had. I moved it to the office though since i'm here alone quite often and it makes a good platform for my laptop.

clshades

Best sound by miles. Compares to Sonos sound for half the cost.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201104-111933_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20201104-111933_WhatsApp.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 17

Dwayne

Is anyone using a soundbar for their desktop rig? I love my Arctis Pro Wireless headphones but I don't want to wear cans all day long. I have a 5.1 speaker setup right now, but the rear speakers don't really seem to add anything and I'd like something a little more streamlined.

Yup, I use an LG soundbar connected via optical with a wireless sub. No issues and sounds fine to me.

Skippman

Best sound by miles. Compares to Sonos sound for half the cost.

Is that the YAS-209BL from Yamaha? If so, that's 36" long. I'm sure it sounds amazing but that's a lot of desktop real estate to use. I'm a huge Yamaha fan though. I own 4 of their AVR's and a full set of speakers in the garage.

I was looking at the Creative Katana but it seems to have some questionable reliability.

Lysrin

Does it have to be a sound bar? I'm not a hardcore audiophile but I've been very pleased with my Edifier R1850DB set that I got on sale ($150 CAD at the time). Reasonable size for desktop use with good sound I think. YMMV on the latter point I realise. Not any simulated surround of course.

zoob

I'm using a Sonos Beam surround setup with an X-Fi Ti HD source for DDL encoding over optical.
Some motherboard vendors have paid to enable DDL encoding with the onboard soundcard.

Skippman

I guess it doesn't HAVE to be a sound bar. Right now I have 5 speakers sitting on my desktop. One to either side of my gaming monitor, one underneath it, and two in the corners of my desk. The left rear is now almost completely blocked by my work from home setup and to be honest I can't even tell their being used 90% of the time. I was looking to streamline and clear up some desk space and figured a soundbar w/ subwoofer might be the best option.

G

Does it have to be a sound bar? I'm not a hardcore audiophile but I've been very pleased with my Edifier R1850DB set that I got on sale ($150 CAD at the time). Reasonable size for desktop use with good sound I think. YMMV on the latter point I realise. Not any simulated surround of course.
I will second Edifer, using a set of R2000DB, damn nice sound for the price point.

Latest posts