What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

The next King of gaming monitors?

ipaine

So Asus announced the ROG Swift PG35VQ over at Computex. You can see the media release here:
https://rog.asus.com/articles/gamin...nitor-turns-hdr-and-quantum-dots-up-to-200hz/

So basically this thing is 35" curved 3440x1440 @200Hz, with HDR and g-sync. I think that marks all the check boxes for me. They of course have not said anything about price or availability so we will see. But I really hope to get one of these for Christmas or maybe before then.

What are peoples thoughts on the specs?

Bao

So Asus announced the ROG Swift PG35VQ over at Computex. You can see the media release here:
https://rog.asus.com/articles/gamin...nitor-turns-hdr-and-quantum-dots-up-to-200hz/

So basically this thing is 35" curved 3440x1440 @200Hz, with HDR and g-sync. I think that marks all the check boxes for me. They of course have not said anything about price or availability so we will see. But I really hope to get one of these for Christmas or maybe before then.

What are peoples thoughts on the specs?

I am putting my PG348Q on the BST soon.

FreeKnight

I don't really care about 200Hz (heck even pushing 90hz is going to be a struggle for most people at that resolution). But G-sync and 3440 is a must on my next monitor with HDR as a nice perk.

If this replaces the current 3440 swift at the same price point, I'll pick one up. If it's a decent bump in price (meaning +1800 CDN), no thanks, I'll wait.

Bao

I don't really care about 200Hz (heck even pushing 90hz is going to be a struggle for most people at that resolution). But G-sync and 3440 is a must on my next monitor with HDR as a nice perk.

If this replaces the current 3440 swift at the same price point, I'll pick one up. If it's a decent bump in price (meaning +1800 CDN), no thanks, I'll wait.

I think for me. HDR and the higher hz cap is a nice marriage.

There are some 'bad' games like Fallout that has stupidly wildly varying frame rates, but with that out of the way. In many games exceeding the 100hz mark disables Gsync as well. I think having a 200hz cap which would be virtually impossible to hit in most games with a watercooled single 1080ti... might be the magic touch? Who knows.

I'm just kidding about the selling of my monitor bit though. I'll wait for the inevitable one upping model next year. And hopefully with Volta TI.

Vittra

I'd rather have the PG27UQ.

4K / 27" / 144hz. The remainder of technologies are the same (G-Sync, HDR, Quantum Dot, DCI-P3)

Lysrin

While I bet it will be nice, I still say 27" is too small for 4k.

I agree. I certainly couldn't use 4K on 27".

I'm very happy with my 3440x1440 G-Sync 100 Hz monitor. HDR would be nice I suppose but not desirable enough for me to shell out what this new one will cost. 100 Hz is certainly fine for the foreseeable future for me, even if I upgrade to a 1080Ti at some point.

So if people don't have a monitor with similar res and features then yeah, save your money for this one or its competators. But not enough of a difference for me to want to upgrade I don't think.

lowfat

Staff member
The push for more Hz is ridiculous. Nvidia or whomever needs to get adaptive sync tech to work w/ strobing backlight. 100Hz strobing backlight has is equivalent to 500Hz standard.

ipaine

I agree. I certainly couldn't use 4K on 27".

I'm very happy with my 3440x1440 G-Sync 100 Hz monitor. HDR would be nice I suppose but not desirable enough for me to shell out what this new one will cost. 100 Hz is certainly fine for the foreseeable future for me, even if I upgrade to a 1080Ti at some point.

So if people don't have a monitor with similar res and features then yeah, save your money for this one or its competators. But not enough of a difference for me to want to upgrade I don't think.

The push for more Hz is ridiculous. Nvidia or whomever needs to get adaptive sync tech to work w/ strobing backlight. 100Hz strobing backlight has is equivalent to 500Hz standard.

Honestly I don't care about it being 200Hz, 100 is plenty if you ask me, but having extra helps. And really I buy a monitor to last me years so having 200Hz and HDR and g-sync will help me get many years out of it. Hell right now the AAA titles aren't hitting 200fps even with my 1080ti sli, and I doubt they will in the future either. But if I can sit in that 90-144 range I'll be plenty happy. And adding HDR to the mix is like the icing on top.

But it will still come down to price. If it can be the same price as the current ultrawide g-sync ones then I will finally splurge and get one, but much more than that and I don't know if I can pull it off. Really would love to see some others put out monitors with these specs, love one like this from Dell, they have the best warranty out there in my mind.

Bao

yep and if Dell ever released one, it would be the most affordable option too.

Latest posts