What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

the next round of anti-competitive lawsuits against Microsoft are about to start

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan

GeezerGamer

clshades

I think the complaint is bullshit to be honest. It's their OS, they are allowed to make their own software, and customers have the choice to use it or not. I don't use one drive for anything as I've always used Google's cloud storage. For the average person to have access to free cloud storage built right into windows, what's the problem. None that I can see.

I don't hear anyone complaining about calculator being integrated, or notepad and basic word doc. Same with email software and a bunch of other things.

Marzipan

I think the complaint is bullshit to be honest. It's their OS, they are allowed to make their own software, and customers have the choice to use it or not. I don't use one drive for anything as I've always used Google's cloud storage. For the average person to have access to free cloud storage built right into windows, what's the problem. None that I can see.

I don't hear anyone complaining about calculator being integrated, or notepad and basic word doc. Same with email software and a bunch of other things.

if they were small and didn't require 90% of the population to depend on them, yes. but being a monopoly, they can kill innovation, just like they did with browsers, as the article brings out.

GeezerGamer

Nobody is stopping anyone from making a better browser. Frankly, Edge is better than chrome at the moment.
Please, how so? I'm not adverse to switching back.

I was about to post the above question but a took a few minutes to google which browser is better?
So as I post this after perusing several different articles first it seems Edge is neck and neck with Chrome if not better than!
I think I'll put Edge back into intermittent use and see how it goes? I have my preferences and bias but I'm open minded to change which is why I had switched to Chrome in the first place.......

Cheers

Marzipan

Nobody is stopping anyone from making a better browser. Frankly, Edge is better than chrome at the moment.

neither am I...but you shouldn't be shoehorned into one option which is what MS is doing with Win 11. if their products are so good, then people will choose them over the other options. forcing them into not having any choice is the problem. and frustrating the efforts to let Win 11 users change the default programs from what MS sets is doing exactly that.

clshades

Please, how so? I'm not adverse to switching back.

I was about to post the above question but a took a few minutes to google which browser is better?
So as I post this after perusing several different articles first it seems Edge is neck and neck with Chrome if not better than!
I think I'll put Edge back into intermittent use and see how it goes? I have my preferences and bias but I'm open minded to change which is why I had switched to Chrome in the first place.......

Cheers

I'm finding a lot of pages that have minor pop ups for signing into and or filling out forms easier with Edge than chrome. Some sites have different ways of downloading stuff that simply will not work in chrome. Password reset pop ups etc. Captcha pop ups are especially bad in chrome at times. 2 step verification for passwords have become a gong show in chrome. Sometimes it works other times it just hangs and nothing ever happens.

Edge works Everytime...

Short of the issues it feels a little less bloated and runs really well.

JD

Staff member
I flip flop between Edge and Chrome. Last week Edge wouldn't render my QNAP admin pages properly, it was like it was adding display scaling and cutting off all the text/buttons. Chrome worked fine. I guess Edge has updated now though and is able to render my QNAP correctly again.

So even though they might be the same rendering engine, the way they use it seems to be different.

Latest posts