What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

TOFU making

justmehereajax

I want to make homemade TOFU. I have a youtube video that uses GDL (Glucono Delta Lactone). I am newbie. Anyone make tofu with this? its a firming agent. Alternatives?

Izerous

Folding Team
Only made tofu once used soymilk, lemon juice, maybe vinegar can't quite remember was a simple enough process. Didn't try it from scratch though.

Bond007

I Never cared for Tofu the texture is all wrong

I was the same. My better half cooks with it frequently though, and it turns out (for me) some of the firm ones aren’t bad. Dicing/slicing thin and then cooking gets rid of that squishy texture.

Izerous

Folding Team
I don't overly care for it either but I have two kids and their pickyness in food options can get on my nerves. So once in a while I'll experiment with different things and recipes to see if I can't get them to broaden some of the foods I can get them to eat. And i'll try just about anything atleast once, when traveling I'd tell people don't tell me what it is until after I have tried it. Chocolate covered grasshoppers kinda just like choclate that is a bit crunhy... probably would have ha d hard time eating it if i knew what it was first.

Tofu i'll mix in with scrabbled eggs on occasion, turns out to be the same texture & color and you can't easilly tell the tofu pieces from the egg pieces. But the whole reason I only made it myself once was it was a hassle I didn't want to go through again considering how cheap it is to buy pre-made at places like T&T Supermarket.

Made deluxe pizza today with olives and green peppers. My oldest was more willing to eat the olives and spat out the green peppers.

moocow

I'm surprise that people don't like the texture of soft and medium tofu. I mean the soft stuff is similar to Jello except it gives your mouth a nasty burn if you don't let it cool first.

This lady listed a few options instead of GDL.

Latest posts