What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Tomb Raider comment thread

ultraman7k

great reboot. can't wait for the next one in the series.

As a big tomb raider fan, I feel that this was a solid effort and was an absolute blast to play.

On2wheels

Quick Time Events have NO PLACE in a PC title. Not only do I feel like a damn idiot mashing on my keyboard but in this game they're stupidly timed. I think I died 25 -40 times throughout the course of the game simply because the QTE's ask you to hit button combinations that are completely unnatural. "Mash < / >" followed by "F", then "E", then wiggle mouse......this was the first game I can remember where I was ready to physically throw my keyboard across the room.

Thankyou for the info. I absolutely hate QTE like that. For some consideration, have a look at what the Rise of the Triad devs tweeted regarding QTEs.
https://twitter.com/RiseoftheTriad/status/321364248737484800
I might actually preorder that, spent countless nights in college blowing monks apart with the rocket launcher.

YukonTrooper

Rise of the Triad redux is looking good. I love that the devs are putting the game right into the hands of the community and telling them they can do whatever they want with it. I think a lot of Quake and UT old-schoolers will be populating RoT's servers and building a new community from the ground up. Good stuff.

TedShackley

I've never played any TR ever. Is it sort of like a cross between an adult version of Zelda on N64 and a fps ? That would be fun, are there cool and hard puzzles in it?

TedShackley

Rise of the Triad redux is looking good. I love that the devs are putting the game right into the hands of the community and telling them they can do whatever they want with it. I think a lot of Quake and UT old-schoolers will be populating RoT's servers and building a new community from the ground up. Good stuff.

I used to play the shareware of that on a 486DX2 66MHz back in the early-mid 90s, that was a very early and cool 3d fps.

On2wheels

patched to 1.01.742.0

Did it patch again this morning? The amount of support this is getting is incredible. It must be a good game to not have the news feeds bad mouthing it with all the patches it's had. Look at other releases with some serious bugs: Dead Island, Aliens CM, and all the bashing they took at launch.
I can't wait to try TR.

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
Yes, another patch rolled out this morning.

Typically, before an AMD launch this title seems to get a patch that kills NVIDIA perf. Ironic...