What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

TV -experience tablet?

JD

Staff member
Do you have any Amazon/Samsung tablets? Samsung is giving $200 trade-in credit on them, so you could get the Galaxy Tab S9 FE for $250. NVIDIA isn't an option for trade in though.

CMetaphor

Quadfather
I thought the FE was sorta the gimped version?

Considering a Lenovo P11 pro G2. 11 inch, OLED, Dolby atmos 4 speakers, Octa core. Etc. About $400 on lenovo canada right now.

Would still prefer something "wider", more 16:9 than 16:10 or 3:2. Doesn't really seem to be the norm anymore though. And forget have a headphones jack and a decent DAC anymore. Fools actually got rid of better spund quality, bleh

Shadowmeph

Got a Lenovo Tab P11 Plus, it's not bad but can't confirm if it would work with the newer H265. The hardware itself say it does but forum say there may be some kind of bug in the software.
I dont think I have found any tablets that works smoothly with the newer H265 I have read from a few people yes but then I ttry it would and nope it may load but then lag like crazy I am curious if you find one that works smooth because if you do I am probably going to buy it , my Surface pro 3 is heavy and well tied of having to plug it in my car or extension at work after a 2 hours of off and on video watching, I am uncertain if I can change the battery because if I to try and pull the screen I may crack it

JD

Staff member
I thought the FE was sorta the gimped version?
Still 8 cores and 6GB RAM, I don't think much different from that Lenovo one really. $250 just seems like a really good price if you have a qualifying tablet to trade in... even buying a new Fire tablet for $89 to trade would technically save you $100...

Not that I need one, but kinda thinking of trading in my A7 Lite... I'm going to end up with a collection of tablets at this rate :ROFLMAO:

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
I dont think I have found any tablets that works smoothly with the newer H265 I have read from a few people yes but then I ttry it would and nope it may load but then lag like crazy I am curious if you find one that works smooth because if you do I am probably going to buy it , my Surface pro 3 is heavy and well tied of having to plug it in my car or extension at work after a 2 hours of off and on video watching, I am uncertain if I can change the battery because if I to try and pull the screen I may crack it
my LG Velvet 5G has no issues playing H265 video files. Snapdragon 695 and on Android 13 I believe.

CMetaphor

Quadfather
So I got the Lenovo P11 Pro G2 and... Wow. REAL OLED displays are just sooo worth it. The colors and darks and all of it is so crisp and vibrant, it so easily surpasses pseudo - Oled technologies like AMOLED. This tablet is gorgeous. Light, thin, display, sound quality, smoothness and more. All topnotch. I will not be regretting this purchase! 🤘

Last edited:

Latest posts