What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Was Windows RT the Downfall of Microsoft’s Sinofsky?

botat29

you have the option to create an iso after you purchase it , and then after if you need it , you can use the ISO on a DVD or USB stick and proceed to a clean install, fallowing those step

Clean Install with Windows 8 Upgrade

if you install a start menu like "Classic Shell" the only shortcut you have to remember is this one

Windows key + C: Access the charms bar

don't spend money on start menu replacement, Classic Shell is one of the best, and it's free

Welcome to Classic Shell

sswilson

Staff member
Here is a comprehensive (and very useful) list of all the Windows 8 shortcuts:

List of Windows 8 Shortcuts - Yash's Blog - Site Home - MSDN Blogs

It starts off with all the Windows Key shortcuts.

I'm not sure if sswilson and jjthomp are on the same page as to what the Windows Key will do when you use it on its own in Windows 8 though.
Windows key: Switch between Modern Desktop Start screen and the last accessed application

If that's how it works, then no, it's not the same as the win7 function and I'm not interested, and thus complaining about the lack of start key is valid and not misinformation.

I'm only interested in having a M$ supplied (not third party) start key function or no win8 at all.

Last edited:

botat29

I'm only interested in having a M$ supplied (not third party) start key function or no win8 at all.

it may come soon. but honestly I don't use start button replacement, all the software you install as a tile ( icon ) in the start page, but still I need to remember 2 short key

win + x to access my command prompt
win + c for the charm menu in Metro Apps ( this is a need only f you are using Metro apps , and you can just click the top left of the monitor to access it too )

for shut sown, I use ctr + alt + del ( then, the power option are at the right bottom )

ccm001

Here is a comprehensive (and very useful) list of all the Windows 8 shortcuts:

List of Windows 8 Shortcuts - Yash's Blog - Site Home - MSDN Blogs

It starts off with all the Windows Key shortcuts.

I'm not sure if sswilson and jjthomp are on the same page as to what the Windows Key will do when you use it on its own in Windows 8 though.

What exactly does the windows key + D do? It says it brings you to the desktop - is that a traditional desktop with icons (win 7 style)?

botat29

win + D minimize all the applications running on the desktop , so you can see the desktop, it's the equivalent of the icon we have before "show desktop" to go from start page to desktop, you simply press the win key

Latest posts