What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

What game are you currently playing? (Screenshots if possible pls)

Izerous

Folding Team
A note on VR: In April, Oculus released a major update which included 'Air Link'. Air Link allows you to connect your Oculus Quest 2 to your PC and play PC rendered titles on your headset, completely wirelessly. They recommend a WIFI6 router, with your PC connected through ethernet, and playing in the same room as your router (I'm set up exactly this way). Man, what a way to play VR - completely untethered. I realize that's the point of the Oculus Quest, but up until this update, you were limited to 'simpler' games that were able to be played on the Quest's integrated hardware. If you wanted to play PCVR, you had to be tethered with a cable (or fool around trying to get the unofficial, unsupported wireless solution to work). Airlink is super easy, and works well. I think it makes every other VR headset obsolete, regardless of the visual fidelity you may get from those other headsets. Being untethered is absolutely the way to go.
My only complaint about air link the little I have used it so far is the the Quest's battery life. At least with the cable in place you are extending the usage period (only really matters if you planning a longer session.

great_big_abyss

My only complaint about air link the little I have used it so far is the the Quest's battery life. At least with the cable in place you are extending the usage period (only really matters if you planning a longer session.
You're bang on there. I've been seeing about 2-2.5hrs of play time using Airlink. Solutions do exist like aftermarket straps with powerbanks attached that will extend playtime. That being said, about 2 hours of continuous play is all I can really do on VR before I start to get tired anyway. Maybe I'm getting old, but my eyes can't do much more than that before needing a break.

If push comes to shove, I still have a 30' USB-C cable that I can use to plug the Quest into my PC, but honestly, after experiencing untethered VR, I think I'd rather go the route of a battery bank.

Shadowmeph

I spent the weekend playing Ark Survivor evolved SP with my over powered Dinos killed the Halloween event Dodo Wyvern and Dodo rexes my dinos juts chew through them so fast well the Wyvern I actually just used heavy turrets which did the same my goal is to get a pile of zombie dodos high level and see how they fair against boss's on the Island hehe that shows how bored I am with the games out right now.
I would play skyrim modded but the males having female voices throws me off and I am too lazy to remove all the mods and go in one by one until I fins the Mod that broke the speech in the game.

ipaine

Been playing Forza Horizons 5 for a few days and enjoying it. Not a single crash, worked great. Then today they put the new patch and it has crashed multiple times since then and I have played it way less than the last few days.

And this is why I hate forced updates. So very frustrated.

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
Forza Horizon 5, Assasin's Creed Valhalla and Battlefield 2042 are my current rotation right now.

Latest posts