What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

What game are you currently playing? (Screenshots if possible pls)

ipaine

Took a fit and grabbed the rest of Civ 6's DLC in order to give it another shot. I've got thousands of hours into Civ 5, but never could get into Civ 6.

I dunno, it feels like I'm just throwing stuff up against the wall to see what sticks. Religion is weird.... I'm thinking that you need to build up a wall of acolytes with a few Gurus in the mix to heal them on site?

Other than that.... I'm just not really getting the synergies between the choices.

We'll see........
Same, and it was also just recently that I finally played an almost complete playthrough. I know that if I go back to it I will be getting a mod that stops missionaries/apostles from ignoring borders. I mean later game they are all over my country and fighting each other in my country. I completely ignored the religion aspect since I just found it not worth it.

I do like some of the aspects of Civ 6, but some others seem odd, like the damn dust storm basically destroying my entire city, wtf is up with that?!?

Shadowmeph

Ihave been playing starfield I really dont get why I am gettign stutters and loading screen lags plus when entering a new area the same lag there is no reason for that, my system is no slouch 7800x3d and 32 gb ram 6800xt , it doesn't matter which res Ihave my game in its al lthe same I did the whole the check files plus even uninstall reinstall hen check files and still have that issue I dont remember it being this bad lat year when I play using same vid card and a 5600x CPU with only 16 gb ram

On2wheels

Ihave been playing starfield I really dont get why I am gettign stutters and loading screen lags plus when entering a new area the same lag there is no reason for that, my system is no slouch 7800x3d and 32 gb ram 6800xt , it doesn't matter which res Ihave my game in its al lthe same I did the whole the check files plus even uninstall reinstall hen check files and still have that issue I dont remember it being this bad lat year when I play using same vid card and a 5600x CPU with only 16 gb ram
Have you changed drivers since you last played? I find that's the cause of many issues for AMD users. I'm still on 23.11.1 version.

sswilson

Staff member
Took a fit and grabbed the rest of Civ 6's DLC in order to give it another shot. I've got thousands of hours into Civ 5, but never could get into Civ 6.

I dunno, it feels like I'm just throwing stuff up against the wall to see what sticks. Religion is weird.... I'm thinking that you need to build up a wall of acolytes with a few Gurus in the mix to heal them on site?

Other than that.... I'm just not really getting the synergies between the choices.

We'll see........

So..... I have been giving it a college try over the last few days. Still not sure, but it's playable and most certainly seems to be working as a just-one-more-turn time-sync.

I set it to the easiest mode (took me forever to figure out how to do that) and managed a full playthrough which I lost, but did give me quite a bit of insight into the later stages of the game (power delivery is everything) as well as a reasonably good handle on how to work with religion.

1714515682728.png

sswilson

Staff member
Slowly getting the hang of it (just finished a very quick diplomatic win) and excited to see my next random game throw out a geothermal tile, but then realise I can't go anywhere with the way the mountains rolled. :)

Nowhere to go.png

FreeKnight

I think what I dislike about the religion in Civ VI vs earlier entries is that you have to become a specific religion (Catholic, Islam, Judaism, etc). I like it more when it was sterile 'Animism, Polytheism, Monotheism,' etc.

They could have built a system around it while keeping it nebulous and even making it better. Are you a 'monastic animist', 'theocratic polytheist', etc and had it as kind of a multi-layered system. I think they also pruned Free Religion from the game compared to IV which I always liked as the function 'end goal' of religion in the game.

sswilson

Staff member
There is a "custom" option where you roll your own religion (my current one is giant spaghetti monster) but I'm not sure they give you the full selection of beliefs with it.

Shadowmeph

well I figured out my starfield lag issue I have two m.2 drives I have my games installed on the larger dive and not on my OS drive, I moved the game over to the os m.2 drive adn it runs smooth again, I cant believe tha twould make such a diffference since both drives are m.2

Lysrin

well I figured out my starfield lag issue I have two m.2 drives I have my games installed on the larger dive and not on my OS drive, I moved the game over to the os m.2 drive adn it runs smooth again, I cant believe tha twould make such a diffference since both drives are m.2
It’s still odd. Mine is on a non-OS drive and works fine. But I’m glad you solved it on your system! That’s been frustrating you for a while!

Latest posts