What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Whats your latest purchase?

Shadowmeph

The one Mokerlink 10g switch will have to go back, the fan is way too loud for my computer room. It's not loud per se but in a quite room it'd be annoying. In the rack it's fine.

I was worried the Synology 1821+ would recognize the 10g card, but no issues.

Ordered a Mokerlink 5 x 2.5g with 1 10g sfp port and a sfp to rj45
white noise lol

sswilson

Staff member
I did notice fan noise being mentioned in the reviews for that unit so I'm not overly surprised. :)

Any time I see a networking switch incorporating a fan my assumption is that it's going to be a loud arse one like we'd expect to see/hear in a commercial networking room. :)

Cypher^64

I did notice fan noise being mentioned in the reviews for that unit so I'm not overly surprised. :)

Any time I see a networking switch incorporating a fan my assumption is that it's going to be a loud arse one like we'd expect to see/hear in a commercial networking room. :)

It's definitely not as loud as some of the cisco/hp's we've had. But it's too loud for a quiet room. Under the stairs and in the rack it's a lot quieter as there is some sound barrier, but out in the open... yea, not for me... lol

Oh well, the 5port one I got is fanless, so it'll go great in the computer room.

Last edited:

Cypher^64

Well, crap. The 2u blank plate won't work. It's like 1.5u, I don't really want to move the 1u nas's up as that switch gets warm.

Anyone do 3rd printing for $$? I need a plate that's 2.5" tall.

sswilson

Staff member
Well, crap. The 2u blank plate won't work. It's like 1.5u, I don't really want to move the 1u nas's up as that switch gets warm.

Anyone do 3rd printing for $$? I need a plate that's 2.5" tall.

That might be a tall order. Most print beds are nowhere near long enough for that.

What's the height of the current one and how much space does that leave? Any chance they make a .5u plate so you can double them up?

lowfat

Staff member
That might be a tall order. Most print beds are nowhere near long enough for that.

What's the height of the current one and how much space does that leave? Any chance they make a .5u plate so you can double them up?
Could just add some screws in the middle to join them. Or some sort of press fit joinery.

sswilson

Staff member

That's a 1u model

Cypher^64

That's a 1u model

thats perfect, thank you