What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Whats your latest purchase?

G

So after having my Logitech g910 throw another switch ( should have ordered a bunch of switches ) and my backup G610 started having the e and m switches start to go. I ordered up a cheap ($58) Chinese keyboard to hold me over until my slowboat switches get here.

Uses blue switches so noisy as expected but added some Orings to kill the bottoming out sound and TBH pretty happy with the KB.
Has 2xusb2 passthrough and is rgb if that suits your tastes, is waterproof came with 8 replacement switches ( blacks though) and the top body is ALU. Software is complete crap but for rgb at least once set stores into onboard memory.
If your in the need for cheap mech deff has my approval, as long as you know how blues sound and feel.

Bond007

Is it going to be a full enclosure? They'd be able to climb just a chicken wire fence I would guess?

closed in, and nothing huge. 4’ h x 4’w x 2’ d, with 3 x shelves/levels in it. Fully wrapped in chicken wire and against a basement window to walkout...conveniently about 10-15’ from some bird feeders.

Izerous

Folding Team
I recently picked up chicken wire but for a different purpose. At one time this backyard was half garden then they converted part of that back to lawn but left some unusable raised garden beds half fille with bark mulch etc. But come spring the old raised beds prevented the grade from taking water away into the alley and backyard flooded.

So chicken wire and 2x4s to make a simple soil sifter to separate the bark mulch which i can reuse from the dirt which I can re-use elsewhere for low spots etc. Most of the raised beds are torn out now and most of the trees have a nice layer of mulch again. Just got to figure out what to do with the couple yards of dirt that will be excess.

I'll make a raised planter or two for in front of the house but the amount of soil left over will be excessive even after fixing the grading

Lysrin

closed in, and nothing huge. 4’ h x 4’w x 2’ d, with 3 x shelves/levels in it. Fully wrapped in chicken wire and against a basement window to walkout...conveniently about 10-15’ from some bird feeders.

Sounds luxurious! They'll go nuts :D

lowfat

Staff member
Another Harmony Hub + Companion remote. Was going to DIY one. But I'm having issues jumping between 2 remote styles for each tv. Better to standardize.
:unsure:

JD

Staff member
Not super exciting or crazy like lowfat's HA stuff, but moved over to SmartThings from Wink (no way I was paying $5/month subscription). So I ended up removing what little I had in the Lutron Caseta stuff (was able to link directly to Wink, so I didn't have a Caseta hub) and replaced it with:

- GE Enbrighten Zwave Plus In Wall On Off Switch - controls the porch light, replaces the Caseta switch
- Samsung SmartThings Water Leak Sensor - sits under water heater should it ever leak, replaces a D-Link WiFi one.
- GE Zwave Plus Plug-in Two Outlet - controls the lamps in the living room, replaces the Caseta outlet
- Samsung SmartThings Smart Button - turns on the lamps in the living room when I don't want to use voice, replaces the Caseta remote

Probably end up replacing the WiFi outdoor outlet with Z-Wave once Christmas rolls around

Latest posts