What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Whats your latest purchase?

sswilson

Staff member
An Aeropress

So for standard coffee they recommend adding hot water to the cup after filtering an espresso volume of water? This looks interesting... my current kettle even has a proper temperature setting.... :)

The filters seem a bit pricey considering they're only for a single cup (35 days @ 10 cups / day ). I wonder if they're any different than a standard coffee filter that could be bought in bulk and then cut to size?

lowfat

Staff member
So for standard coffee they recommend adding hot water to the cup after filtering an espresso volume of water? This looks interesting... my current kettle even has a proper temperature setting.... :)

The filters seem a bit pricey considering they're only for a single cup (35 days @ 10 cups / day ). I wonder if they're any different than a standard coffee filter that could be bought in bulk and then cut to size?

Internet says you could make your own. Its just a 2.5" circular paper filter. Found someone who uses one of these to cut a bunch of them at once w/o having to trace and cut by hand.

justmehereajax

Bought Bitfinex Neos White windowed case on clearance for $40 and pricematched a Crucial MX500 250GB SSD for 54$ both @ CC.

Was such a nice day yesterday. Gave the Case to my bro and ssd to my dad

enaberif

New riding shoes

unknown.png

justmehereajax

What's your use case for this?

Actually I bought 4 of them. They are for my mother to listen to.

1. Religious chants and music for her to sleep to
2. Old famous singers from 70s.. music from her era
3. English Lessons audio to learn English better
4. One to carry about with misc stuff.

1 and 2 have a microSD card filled a bit. 2gb and 8gb cards

still I need some more microSD cards. I am asking my friends for their small cards they dont use no more... she doesn;t need a 32gb card lol.

no fiddling with cards for my mom... rather buy these and label them. Very ez to use and the songs continue after being turned off. resume.

room filling sound without being tinny and has a removable replaceable cell phone battery. I just hope the screen lcd will last. screen turns off after a minute i think. But for $20 no biggie. The batteries on amazon cost $8... so I rather get a new whole device lol and power it by microUSB. Batteries from china are like $6.

Last edited:

Entz

You'll get more of a french press type flavour w/ more oil w/ a mesh filter.

Got the Aeropress today and I'm impressed. Its quick and extremely easy to clean.

Yeah I like it. The filter wasn’t new had it for more than a year, was just mentioning it as an alternative. I ttend to use a French press (bodum) a lot and a chemex if I want to make more (able filter as well) that is likely why. Oil good :biggrin:

Latest posts