What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

who's using the new Arc browser?

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
it can be installed on Windows now and has been opened and no longer user restricted. it is not a variant of Chrome, so it should be fun to try out. caveat emptor, when they say Windows they forgot to specify Windows 11 only. <_<

Caldezar

I use Firefox with a bit of hardening. Given how much client multitasking I do on a daily basis, I live and breathe by containers. Arc is basically the exact opposite of this. No actual bookmarking (tabs are not the same thing), no containerization that I'm aware of, auto-closing of unpinned tabs after 12 hours because it prioritizes 'cleanliness'...

Arc might be a great option for people that light browse and do a lot of web based personal tasks; but there's just too much about it that doesn't work for me.

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
I use Firefox with a bit of hardening. Given how much client multitasking I do on a daily basis, I live and breathe by containers. Arc is basically the exact opposite of this. No actual bookmarking (tabs are not the same thing), no containerization that I'm aware of, auto-closing of unpinned tabs after 12 hours because it prioritizes 'cleanliness'...

Arc might be a great option for people that light browse and do a lot of web based personal tasks; but there's just too much about it that doesn't work for me.
how did you 'harden' Ff?

Caldezar

how did you 'harden' Ff?

It refers to making adjustments within the browser to increase browsing security and privacy. How far down that path you go is really up to you. If you wanted to keep it simple, you can go with adjustments to the built in settings. These include things like defaulting 'do not track' requests to sites, disabling data share, disabling password requests and autofill, ramping up browser privacy, etc.. But there's quite a bit you can do if you really want to make it secure. There are quite a few walkthroughs online that cover it in depth, including a solid article on GitHub. I land in the middle, but it's worth at least doing the basics.

I know Chrome has become ubiquitous with web browsing these days, but it's just disgusting the amount of target marketing and content creation it handles for us. There's something very wrong with being both the market audience AND the product.

Shadowmeph

I am the same I have 3 different web browsers open with multiple tabs sometimes for days.

Why 3 different web browsers actually that's because I have 3 different youtube accounts one for personal things another for gaming and ta third for what ever things it started out me testing to see google spam to my gmail accounts and well it does actually work so I have been sticking with the 3 different web browsers signed in with 3 different Gmail.
Another reason why is a few years back someone hacked into my Gmail account did something on youtube which got me kicked plus also tryed to sell ( scam) something on the HWC forums which I spotted a post using my account to sell a vid card for I think 1/3rd the worth and this person was PMing with one of the admins , I think SSwilson it was a few yrs back, I noticed and pmed him saying that it wasn't me which he already knew that and was about to kick me out hehe but I changed emails and pws right away. ok way off topic .

Caldezar

I am the same I have 3 different web browsers open with multiple tabs sometimes for days.

Why 3 different web browsers actually that's because I have 3 different youtube accounts one for personal things another for gaming and ta third for what ever things it started out me testing to see google spam to my gmail accounts and well it does actually work so I have been sticking with the 3 different web browsers signed in with 3 different Gmail.
Another reason why is a few years back someone hacked into my Gmail account did something on youtube which got me kicked plus also tryed to sell ( scam) something on the HWC forums which I spotted a post using my account to sell a vid card for I think 1/3rd the worth and this person was PMing with one of the admins , I think SSwilson it was a few yrs back, I noticed and pmed him saying that it wasn't me which he already knew that and was about to kick me out hehe but I changed emails and pws right away. ok way off topic .

Containers in Firefox handle these multiple account situations very well. That's primarily what they're used for.

Latest posts