What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Will AMD ever solve these problems?

Izerous

Folding Team
< 40'c all core 4.1Ghz overclock under simulated stress tests on a 2700x with fans on lowest possible speed. Too many variable to pick on some of the things you have mentioned. Bad mounts etc.

vultusprime

I don't really see it as being a problem. The CPUs are designed to run at this temperature, stay below 95C and you shouldn't get any more degradation over time.

As for voltage. It only does that for a single core boost, it absolutely doesn't sustain that. It doesn't really go above ~1.3ish for a full core load.
95C!!! That's it? As long as your pc and house don't burn down everything should be fine. My current, and very old, CPU doesn't go over 68-69C and now I would have to get used to 95?

I am sure that many people out there are probably very happy with their new Ryzen 3000 and are not having any problems at all. But there is also a group of people that are experiencing some serious drawbacks and are forced to waste time changing settings, trying this and that and having to tinker with things that should have been fine from the beginning. I just do no want to have to deal with these problems, having piece of mind is just as important as performance and price.

I am not especially interested in buying from the blue team, but Intel has a much better record when it comes to "working out of the box" which is exactly what I want, without having to take the risk of finding myself in the, admittedly small, group of people that are scratching their heads wondering if they have bought a CPU or a new heater for the house.

Bond007

95C!!! That's it? As long as your pc and house don't burn down everything should be fine. My current, and very old, CPU doesn't go over 68-69C and now I would have to get used to 95?

you are misquoting to try and push your point. He didn’t say it would run at 95, he said it won’t damage the cpu in the 70-80 degree range. The cpu is designed to run at up to 95 without damaging anything.

lowfat

Staff member
They run hot, doesnt mean they throw more heat. A 3900x has a lower power consumption than a 9900k under full load.

Zen 2 is a 7nm process, half the size of Intel. Each core is tiny and has almost no surface area to dissipate the heat. So they run hot. When Intel ships 7nm cpus next year sometime, they'll be the same way.

You shouldn't have to tinker w/ anything unless you want higher clocks. The current bios versions do a pretty good job at handling boost clocks.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
you are misquoting to try and push your point. He didn’t say it would run at 95, he said it won’t damage the cpu in the 70-80 degree range. The cpu is designed to run at up to 95 without damaging anything.

Feels like they have already made their mind up, and pushing that agenda. 'Helping' at this point might just be 'feeding'...

gingerbee

Ya moo and so was I. the op makes no sense, sorry but all those folks who had minor problems like myself were early adopters and the new bios upgrades fixed all those minor problems. you say your worried about running up to a safe 95c cause your use to your old chip which runs cooler but then you might buy an intel chip which runs way hotter.

Intel security problems are much bigger issues then bios upgrade IMHO. but pretty sure sagath hit the nail on the head enjoy your new pc any which way you go

moocow

I haven't used a Ryzen CPU but I read reviews from people that seem to know what they are doing.

Last edited:

Latest posts