What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Let's go Team !!

Realityshift

Just noticed the slow WU that GPU0 is working on is a high point rating so im guessing thats why its slow, GPU1 is working on a different part of the same project now, still hummin along.

M

member 3099

Anyone have any tutorials on how to get it running? im sure I can figure it out.
On the download page there is a link on how to set it up, that was enough to get me going... kinda..

add the -smp flag to the shortcut also!

LCB001

Anyone have any tutorials on how to get it running? im sure I can figure it out.
The SMP client isn't listed on the main download page because it's still a beta client. I don't have problems with it but I'm running quads. If you want to try it get it here; http://www.stanford.edu/group/pandegroup/folding/release/FAH6.23beta-win32-SMP-mpich.exe Follow the guide Carefully; [H]ard|Forum - View Single Post - [H]orde Guides.

Make sure you Do Not let it install in the default 'program files (x86) directory, create a folder at the root of your main drive and install it there to avoid Vista Permissions conflicts.

During install limit the cpu usage to something like 90% so it leaves enough for the GPU clients.

Make sure you add the -smp flag to your shortcut.

Good Luck...

Nademon

Damn zlojack...less than 2K short of that 30K PPD. Your like the folding juicebag right now!

Gellidius

It's the first time i see this in fahspy:

the gpu is working on project # 5902 (11-941-0)
Credit: 1680
on Fahcore 14
Est. total processing time: 6 hours. (a very long time indeed!)
Core temp is around 50C; which is about 10-20C lower than usual.

recently, i checked to see if i could go higher on the GPU OC, and all settings are within 1MHz of the max, and i never get an EUE.

Is all of this normal?

chrisk

Folding Captain
Yup Gellidius these are the new projects. Take longer, more points, and less GPU power, thus lower temps. They do use a little more CPU resources than the older projects though.

BrainEater

BrainEater you sir are starting an arms race!

Heheh......yes I am trying.

I've decided it would be a good idea to fix the 2 UPS' I have , and pay bills , rather than buy a 280.For this week anywayz ....:haha:

I've heard the 285 is a better buy though .... thoughts ?

:thumb:

Latest posts