What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Take away the Metro UI, Win 8 is a winner.

enaberif

I've got 16GB on my work computer, and am constantly pushing 90% usage and needing to close programs to not run out of memory... it's not too hard if you've got the right (or wrong, depending on your POV) usage.

Obviously.. but again.. Why to Windows 8?

Mars

Obviously.. but again.. Why to Windows 8?

I think I've covered that already? The desktop is better, I have no problem ignoring the Metro stuff. I use the start screen by hitting the windows button and typing, which is exactly the same way I use the start menu.

artistpavel

I just installed Windows 8 with Start8, designed a custom start button in Photoshop, change file associations to desktop and continue to use it as a regular Windows, I only visit Metro for that sweet free streaming music app. I almost forgot I'm using it.

ipaine

I just installed Windows 8 with Start8, designed a custom start button in Photoshop, change file associations to desktop and continue to use it as a regular Windows, I only visit Metro for that sweet free streaming music app. I almost forgot I'm using it.

Again something that you shouldn't have to do. Really the only things that I have seen on Windows 8 that I like are the new task manager and the new file copy. Really other than that I don't see anything good about it. It is certainly not worth any amount of money or time to upgrade from win 7.

enaberif

Yes another person who feels the need to go and install 3rd party apps to be happy with an OS.

botat29

Again something that you shouldn't have to do. Really the only things that I have seen on Windows 8 that I like are the new task manager and the new file copy. .

Maybe he will enjoy browse with the Metro Chrome version and read his email with the Metro Mail, in case you don't know Metro Apps run in sandbox, quite a nice feature no ?

Windows 8 as nice feature for files sharing, google "Windows 8 Storage spaces"....you will discover something very nice.

I will stop there to not look fanboy , I still found some very annoying thing In Windows 8 , but their is no need to replace the Start Button, the Start page do the job faster when you know how to use it, especially the zooming with the mouse wheel.

artistpavel

Metro is horrible on a 30" screen, the only thing that can save it if they allow to run metro apps next to each other, many of them, not just two like it is now.

Latest posts