What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Anything to justify the high price of some cases?

bliz

let's be honest,you have 300$ cases where you get 2x 120mm fans on front and 1x120 on back,and it's basically a piece of metal,so why is it priced so high,and why even buying a 300$ case? you have the same ventilation if not better with a HAF 912+ :haha:

And expensive cases don't always look nicer...

if they were priced 30-40$ more ok but you have to pay 200 more $ for a case that is a bit bigger,has 2 more places for fans and that's pretty much everything you get for 200$ more !!?

bliz

Can you give me a useful or at least intelligent answer? i'm not ranting but trying to understand why manufacturing costs would be that higher.It's rarely fully handmade after all.

And i am an enthusiast,i spent 5 hours with cable management and sleeving :blarg: Just that i don't know the advantages of spending a lot of money in something that has the same features that a less expensive product has :biggrin:

Last edited:

JJThomp

Can you give me a useful or at least intelligent answer? i'm not ranting but trying to understand why manufacturing costs would be that higher.It's rarely fully handmade after all.

And i am an enthusiast,i spent 5 hours with cable management and sleeving :blarg: Just that i don't know the advantages of spending a lot of money in something that has the same features that a less expensive product has :biggrin:

Sometimes you get an integrated fan controller or it's made of aluminum, otherwise there really shouldn't be too much of a difference in manufacturing costs, even if you make it bigger steel is pretty cheap and you might add a couple bucks at most because you have the same amount of cuts so really it is just a way to get more money.

Squeetard

"Quote This..."
I'm with you bliz. Never understood the way people get all fired up over them either. Same damn square box since the invention of the tower pc in the 80's.

sswilson

Staff member
Low production runs can add to the cost, but it's mostly materials and fit/finish.

That said... a person could ask the same thing about automobiles.... why does a premier retail market automobile cost 3X what a loaded base model costs? They've all got 4 wheels and a motor don't they? CD player + speakers? Air Conditioning? Power windows? Auto tranny? etc....?

Quite frankly, you can't compare the fit/finish of a high end case with something in the sub $100 range.

clg

My 650d has a multitude of features my 912 did not, much better overall fit/finish, higher quality materials and much more refined aesthetics.

Generic User #2

basically, what sswilson said.

you can say the exact same thing about diamonds? why do people pay money for shiny rocks? why do people not like paying money for cubic zirconia?

also, water cooling. please do not compare the watercooling potential of a 900D vs the 200r. You pay for features and exclusivity. happens EVERYWHERE in real life.

geokilla

I'll say quality. Never again am I going to buy a $30 case, whether it's from Canada Computers or Cooler Master. I'm gonna spend a bit more on a tried and true case. However, I won't dump $300 onto a case either as that's just stupid (imo). That money can be spent on a better CPU or GPU instead.

canada2005

I bought a Silverstone TJ11, and glad I did. This case is bulletproof and futureproof. The fit and finish is extreme. I read somewhere no two TJ11's are the same (as with the TJ07's) because the side panels are custom fit for each case. The top/front/bottom panels are 1 piece of aluminum.

You get the idea, ask anyone who owns a TJ07 or TJ11.

Latest posts