What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

need a heavy duty monitor riser.

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
I want to put a monitor riser on my desk that an support the weight / tension that my mount holding two Dell U3515w will have.

any suggestions on where to look?

I'm thinking I'll probably have to make something custom...but decided to check if there's anything available out of box.

Marzipan

My mount is two articulating arms and the current high limitations make it so the bottom display sits on the desk with the other arm having enough to hold the other just above the one below. It wastes a lot of space and I'd like to recover that for use.

Izerous

Folding Team
This might be a better solution for that problem.

in theory mount one to each monitor and raise them up higher using the bracket. I have not usedon myself but I was looking at something similar since i need to mount these 4k displays upside down due to the weird VESA mounting point to get the height I want.

Marzipan

well. worst case scenario is that I have to buy two wall mounts and then stack them vertically that way. not only does it free up the desk space, but it gives me height, so it's not just low lying items that can be put there. honestly, that's probably the best solution.

/me goes off to look at in expensive / simple articulating arm wall mounts...

CMetaphor

Quadfather
well. worst case scenario is that I have to buy two wall mounts and then stack them vertically that way. not only does it free up the desk space, but it gives me height, so it's not just low lying items that can be put there. honestly, that's probably the best solution.

/me goes off to look at in expensive / simple articulating arm wall mounts...

Why expensive? Just get an el cheapo tv mount. I have one that was under $40 new from CC that was designed for 27-40" TVs, it holds a monitor easily and it's probably tough enough that i could hang off it too without issues. Worth a look?

Izerous

Folding Team
PrincessAuto usually carries a good selection of cheap wall mounts, PrimeCables and a few others as well with full range of motion.