What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Anyone with a GTX 1000 series card going to upgrade to the RTX 3000 series?

supaflyx3

Well benchmarks are out and that's a hard no. Nvidia dropped the ball hard again for 1080 ti owners

Lysrin

Well benchmarks are out and that's a hard no. Nvidia dropped the ball hard again for 1080 ti owners

Whaa...? Did you watch the HWC video? The benchmarks in that video had huge FPS improvements over 1080 Ti even on a 7700K system. I'm not sure what you're referring to @supaflyx3 What are you watching/reading that says it's no good?

I really appreciated that 7700K benchmarks stuff because running an 8700K myself I wondered if it would keep up with the 3080. Now I know it'd be just fine. Oh dear... maybe I didn't want to know that lol

According to the HWC video it's fast... super fast. They do recommend at least a 700 watt p/s though as it draws a lot of power.

supaflyx3

Whaa...? Did you watch the HWC video? The benchmarks in that video had huge FPS improvements over 1080 Ti even on a 7700K system. I'm not sure what you're referring to @supaflyx3 I really appreciated that 7700K benchmarks stuff because running an 8700K myself I wondered if it would keep up with the 3080. Now I know it'd be just fine. Oh dear... maybe I didn't want to know that lol

According to the HWC video it's fast... super fast. They do recommend at least a 700 watt p/s though as it draws a lot of power.
Nope I can't stand HWC videos. I'm going off written reviews, 30% increase on an almost 4 year old GPU is a joke

Lysrin

Gamers Nexus video claims 80-90% improvement over 1080 Ti at 4K... that seems pretty good to me! 70% as you go down in resolution and changes depending on the tech being used but still improvements. He claims... in his guarded way... 3080 is impressive :)

supaflyx3

It all depends on the games. Nvidia optimized games you'll see a large increase. In poorly optimized games (IE all I play) the increase is miniscule, in MSFS it's something like a 15-20% increase.

Latest posts