What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Fixing double-click in a mouse?

Cannon Fodder

So, a bit of an update. Taking it apart was no problem. Got the spring out, bent it back into shape, but be damned if I can get the bloody thing back in. I must have tried more than 100 times, and tried every combination of doing the front/mid/back first/next/last, but it just isn't happening....Guess I might be sourcing a new switch and doing some soldering...

Well, I DID say it was a finicky process. While it does take me several tries to get it right, it is, however, a LOT less than 100 times. It works best with at least one pair of smallish tweezers, and I always put that tiny, fragile spring back in, while starting from the back. Once you get it back in place for the first time, you'll probably be sittin' there thinkin', "WTF, that was easy as hell.... how come it took so long!?"..... that is, until you do it again. ;) It's just that the spring is so small & thin, which makes it easy to mess it up, and/or drop it.

vulcan500rider

Well, I DID say it was a finicky process. While it does take me several tries to get it right, it is, however, a LOT less than 100 times. It works best with at least one pair of smallish tweezers, and I always put that tiny, fragile spring back in, while starting from the back. Once you get it back in place for the first time, you'll probably be sittin' there thinkin', "WTF, that was easy as hell.... how come it took so long!?"..... that is, until you do it again. ;) It's just that the spring is so small & thin, which makes it easy to mess it up, and/or drop it.
Thanks, Cannon Fodder. So you're putting the back part in first, then getting the middle part of the spring onto the microscopic ledge, and then hooking it onto the front?

Cannon Fodder

Thanks, Cannon Fodder. So you're putting the back part in first, then getting the middle part of the spring onto the microscopic ledge, and then hooking it onto the front?

Yeah, it's not always the same way each time, simply because of how easy it is to lose a grip on that tiny part and drop it, but yes, always the back end first. I will say, however, that some of the more successful re-installs of that spring, have been while getting the back in, then the front, and kind of pushing that middle tensioning part down into place at the same time.

You just have to experiment and find which way works best for you. It really takes good eyesight, steady hands, and one or two sets of apporpriately sized tweezers...... well, that, and if there was enough room, another hand would probably help. ;) If I was doing it a lot more often, I'd probably be able to do the job fairly quickly by this point.

ipaine

Oh man that was the worst part. You feel good as you get it all apart and bent back then you try to get the damn thing on.

I got lucky and it only took about 10 minutes of trying but really it just finally stayed in the right spot. But yea, it sucks.

Shadowmeph

I like Logitech mice, and even use one now, but when they start to have problems lick double click or can’t hold a click, and they often do, I just replace it.
my fav logitec mouse is intermittent sometimes the red like comes on ontop and iot is working then it will stop working I ended up buying an Azio gm2400 was on sale for Ithink 20CAD a few years back and it works good just like my Logitech mouse and it fits in my larger hand funny thing though I just cant seem to part with the logitech it and myself have been through allot over about maybe 10 years it slike an old book person mreads and just can hand it off hehe

crazyea

my fav logitec mouse is intermittent sometimes the red like comes on ontop and iot is working then it will stop working I ended up buying an Azio gm2400 was on sale for Ithink 20CAD a few years back and it works good just like my Logitech mouse and it fits in my larger hand funny thing though I just cant seem to part with the logitech it and myself have been through allot over about maybe 10 years it slike an old book person mreads and just can hand it off hehe
My favorite mouse of all time was the logitech g9x, but I had to warranty it a few times. Now I just used the cheap G305.

Sum1Gnu

Was just reading through this thread, since I've had this sort of problem in the past too, and was wondering if the OP's issue was ever resolved? @vulcan500rider did you get that little part put back in place, or did you get some switches and do some soldering?

vulcan500rider

Was just reading through this thread, since I've had this sort of problem in the past too, and was wondering if the OP's issue was ever resolved? @vulcan500rider did you get that little part put back in place, or did you get some switches and do some soldering?

I gave up on getting the part in place. I'm not sure if I bent it wrong, or I'm just particularly inept, but be damned if I could get it to work. I've ordered the parts, but they're coming from China, so they will arrive sometime before November...ish.

Cannon Fodder

@vulcan500rider "November....ish" 😆 I hear ya.... the wife orders some stuff from AliExpress, and gets it in 2-3 weeks, and I order something, and it takes 3 months..... just no way to tell. As for rodent switches, the ones I ordered, I got from China, via Ebay, and IIRC, they arrived fairly quickly. Still haven't used any of them, though.

vulcan500rider

@vulcan500rider "November....ish" 😆 I hear ya.... the wife orders some stuff from AliExpress, and gets it in 2-3 weeks, and I order something, and it takes 3 months..... just no way to tell. As for rodent switches, the ones I ordered, I got from China, via Ebay, and IIRC, they arrived fairly quickly. Still haven't used any of them, though.

No kidding! I seem to have awful luck for stuff like that.

I can't complain too much, though; I had a spare wireless mouse lying around that I'm using. It's not ideal, but the only real functionality I'm missing at this point, is I don't have as many assignable buttons I need for weapon groups in Mechwarrior...and that's only a couple of mechs, so 🤷‍♂️

Latest posts