What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

AMD Retail Prices

Soultribunal

Staff member
It's crazy to see how much more MB's are costing now.
I got lucky, in doing two builds for my work I did it on 12th Gen Intel, with the Asus 660 boards and the whole thing with DDR4 came to about $425 + another $35 for a decent downdraft cooler (Noctua).
Now there are MB's that are as insanely priced as the GPU's.

I think my homes and dreams to build one of my own for 4K is going to be dashed. I probably am better served to aim for 1440p and hope that the A series GPu's from Intel are capable at that res.

-ST

Lysrin

It's crazy to see how much more MB's are costing now.
I got lucky, in doing two builds for my work I did it on 12th Gen Intel, with the Asus 660 boards and the whole thing with DDR4 came to about $425 + another $35 for a decent downdraft cooler (Noctua).
Now there are MB's that are as insanely priced as the GPU's.

I think my homes and dreams to build one of my own for 4K is going to be dashed. I probably am better served to aim for 1440p and hope that the A series GPu's from Intel are capable at that res.

-ST
Well, used 3000 series GPUs coming down in price could keep that dream alive?

Jokester

I wouldn't be that worried about a mined on gpu. I've bought them before with no issues. Most miners have good air flow and setup the cards in a reasonable manner to be efficient.

moocow

ASUS Prime X670-P is the cheapest Asus board advertised by CC right now for $370. This is the rear IO port layout and it can't do 16x to 2-8x split at all.

1664646386124.png

Bond007

ASUS Prime X670-P is the cheapest Asus board advertised by CC right now for $370. This is the rear IO port layout and it can't do 16x to 2-8x split at all.

View attachment 35204
Early adopter tax. I “hope” in a month after b670 and intel’s new parts arrive things will be driven down. Hopefully not overly optimistic thinking.

Last edited:

Latest posts