What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Acer Predator X34 was 100 Hz, now stuck at 60 Hz?

Lysrin

Well I was having a wonderful time with my X34 since last month. It was running without issue at 100 Hz so was a happy camper. Then yesterday I put the PC to sleep and went out for a bit. Can't determine if this is related, just the only thing I did different; usually I shut the PC off. When I came home the PC wasn't asleep, whatever I thought, then I started up a game and noticed 60 Hz. I tried everything I could think of:

1. Rebooted the PC and the monitor and reset from the OSD.
2. Enabling and disabling over drive from the OSD.
3. Two different DP cables, which didn't make sense because it had been running at 100Hz on the current cable for almost a month, but tried anyway. No difference
4. Checked the settings in Windows display properties, nothing, only showing 60 and 50 Hz.
5. Checked the settings in Nvidia Control panel, same 60 and 50 Hz.
6. Looked for new Windows drivers for monitor, Windows says newest is installed.
7. Installed latest Nvidia drivers, I know... but I was grasping at straws at this point, nothing there.
8. Tried settings lower than 100 in OSD, 75, 80, 85, 90, 95. They will show as selected in the OSD, but still stuck at 60 Hz in Windows and Nvidia settings.
9. I did Google a fair bit and most of the similar sounding issues are resolved by people actually forgetting to select >60Hz in Windows. That is an obvious one. For me the monitor isn't reporting it can do any more than 60Hz even though I have 100 selected and it did it just fine up until yesterday.

No matter what I do the best Hz I can select is 60 Hz. I'm completely stumped... and a sad panda :sad: Anybody know of anything I haven't tried or have other X34 owners seen this issue?

Oh, contacted tech chat with Acer. They said I have to call "real" tech support on Mon. I am sceptical that will get me anywhere but I will try.

Groove

Lysrin, if you turn on the g-sync module refresh rate number on the screen from the OSD what refresh is it showing?

Lysrin

Sorry, busy day. Slow getting back to this.

Thanks to IRQ's suggestion I am back at 100 Hz!!! :clap: I hadn't done that, honestly never even crossed my mind after doing the reset from the OSD. What in the world happened there I wonder? Some setting stuck in memory somehow I guess. Groove I am now showing 100 Hz from the OSD refresh rate number and 100 Hz is selectable from Windows and Nvidia control panel.

Wow that is awesome. So happy to be back! :haha: Thanks very much IRQ Conflict! I'll never overlook that step again!

Latest posts