What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

AiO water cooling hijinks discovered!

Izerous

Folding Team
is it safe to assume adding a t-valve to fill or bleed an AiO system later on is possible?
My preference always goes with quick disconnects over t valves for that kind of purpose. Extra set to be able to open and close the loop for filling and draining. Can attach a hose to the extra fitting and then you have the felxibility to kinda do whatever.

Some AIO's are non standard tubing sizes so finding anything to actually fit isn't always easy.

moocow

IIRC, most AIO with disconnects were EOL, like the EK Predator line. Interestingly, only Kykski and Barrow have the reservior, pump, rad combo thingy.

gingerbee

By the way guys.. brass is VERY common in heating and cooling. Like always. The only thing that causes corrosion is oxygen. Get rid of the oxygen in the system, add a little inhibitor, and corrosion goes away.

If an AIO was cleaned properly and filled with zero oxygen water/glycol mix or some sort there would never be corrosion.
100% right since we have been mixing metals in car cooling loops for years, my problem is them claiming copper as a selling point.

Bond007

For the most part this isn't big news (to me) except for the likely false advertising. If a company makes a claim on material, then they need to be help accountable for it, whether it actually makes a difference or not.

clshades

is it safe to assume adding a t-valve to fill or bleed an AiO system later on is possible?
To properly get oxygen out of a heating or cooling system it must be at least 5-15 psi with an air bleed at the highest point. Unfortunately that's pretty difficult for a custom loop.

You would need a boiler fill valve, a gauge and and a pump or hydrolic hand pump to pull this off. I'm not sure what water cooling fittings are rated at.

Alternatively, an air bleed can be installed on the resivior port to account for thermal expansion and air bleed off.

Oxygen bad though.

AIO's should technically be pretty easy at the point of manufacturing as the only thing that really needs cleaned is the rad and the cpu block. Piping is normally pretty clean.

This is what I use on heating systems. There's a screen in the Cylinder that captures micro air bubbles and releases them out the top. 5-15 psi required though.
1000004768.jpg

Izerous

Folding Team
Alphacool eisbaer 240 and I already partly cleaned it up

Edit: For clarification it failed on someone I know and I took it apart for curiosity to see if it was salvagable.

Attachments

• 20240305_214547.jpg
    20240305_214547.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 20240305_214624.jpg
    20240305_214624.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Latest posts