What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

BFG GTX 280 OCX Review Comment Thread

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
Well guys, another week and another GPU review here at HWC. Today (errr...tonight) we take a look at the new BFG GTX 280 OCX which offers some pretty amazing performance which actually had me scratching my head at times.

To see what I am talking about, check out the review here: http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/foru...18-bfg-gtx-280-ocx-1gb-video-card-review.html

Please use this thread to post your questions and comments.

ENJOY!!

:canadianwave:

GTX-OCX-10.jpg

Jon_di2

Great review!

Just a question, would this be something like the Evga280 FTW (probably better temperatures then the EVGA one though)

SKYMTL

Staff member
I believe the overclocks are very similar on both the OCX and the FTW.

cadaveca

Banned
Hmm...2x 4870x2, or 3x GTX280...that's a compare I'd like to see, because it looks like ATI is still beat this round, regardless of what everyone else says. The slight price premium over 1GB 4870cards means the GTX holds it own, and then some...for once nVidia has a good deal, price wise!

Dashock

Thankyou for the review Skymtl and wow well to me the card performs superb im going to be sticking with Nvidia cant wait to see Nvidias Dual 280 gpu!

Kayen

Very nice review, props.
And the cards picture is like burning my eyes.
Thanks !

Chilly

Hmm...2x 4870x2, or 3x GTX280...that's a compare I'd like to see, because it looks like ATI is still beat this round, regardless of what everyone else says. The slight price premium over 1GB 4870cards means the GTX holds it own, and then some...for once nVidia has a good deal, price wise!

X38/48 OR 680/780/790

Hummmm, I'll take the Intel chipset over nVidia chipset any day.

that being said I use a 8800 Ultra on my x38 mobo

1Tanker

Great review and extremely attractive card, if you're running a large monitor. For my 19"..ummm..overkill. :whistle:

SKYMTL

Staff member
Guys, I have had SO many problems with Nvidia chipset-based motherboards over the last year I really can't see myself taking that dive again for the next while.

Latest posts