What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Can someone help me build my first pc

charl.a_

Hello, i am a teen gamer who wants to switch from console to pc. I would like to spend around 300-400 on this as i'm still in high school. I am unsure to buy a prebuilt pc or build my own, and if i were to build my own would someone please guide me on what components to buy. As i come from console i don't know much about pcs. I will also be buying my parts from the uk. Thankyou

moocow

At that budget, you are looking at used or refurb machine with a used graphics card. A pre-build machine at 400 UK Pounds can't get you even a low end 720p gaming machine.

charl.a_

im not planning to run demanding games so would u say that would be ok for games like Minecraft etc. Also is it cheaper to build your own pc or to buy a prebuilt??

moocow

There are shops that let you pick your parts and charge a fee for assembly. I can't get a new system to go below £500 if you have to buy everything new. Can you reuse a case, power supply, and monitor? Assuming that you do have those things, this is what I came up with:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3400G 3.7 GHz Quad-Core Processor (£126.00 @ Amazon UK)
Motherboard: MSI B450M PRO-VDH MAX Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard (£62.52 @ More Computers)
Memory: Patriot Viper 4 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory (£43.99 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Toshiba OCZ TR200 480 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (£45.83 @ CCL Computers)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit (£83.00 @ Amazon UK)
Total: £361.34
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-09-15 21:15 BST+0100

You need to do some research regarding how well Minecraft runs on Ryzen 5 3400G processor. I wouldn't expect you to be able to run more than 720p at medium quality. At least you can throw in a graphics card and 8GB more memory later when you have up more money and then disable the onboard video to game at better quality.

charl.a_

Thankyou sadly i cant reuse a case or power supply but i have a monitor. Would u say i could get a power supply and a case for about 50 and would u say its worth using the ryzen 3 or i3 9100f so then id have more money for the power supply and case

Last edited:

gingerbee

ok so there are some decent combo deals on amazon.co.uk that are pretty decent and you can mix and match some parts but what I came up with would get you 720p basic games and you could add in a used 570/580 later on that would help get you to better games on 1080p gaming

so total before taxes is 396.78

I would suggest adding in a hard drive if you can swing it for putting your games on and just use the nvme drive for your OS and like I said a used 570/580 is pretty good deal used for a gaming rig on the cheap also you can run windows 10 without activating it ya just dont get some of the pretty background until you can afford to get yourself a KEY for it

KaptCrunch

You can go to local electronics recycler
For your PC case and PSU
Or curbside note: 650 watt PSU

Last edited:

charl.a_

Thanks moo cow I will take ur ideas and ginger bees ideas into account and attempt to build my first pc

and thankyou kaptcrunch i will check it out when i come to buy them

Ginger Bee that is all i need for the pc other than the external hard drive u recommended? Also what add ons could i get in the future as i will be getting a job next year?

moocow

I would upgrade it to a 2400G for the combo for another 30 pounds. Bee referring to another internal drive. There's enough SATA connector on the motherboard to take another drive. Start watching how to build a PC on Youtube, just not the Verge one. That's the how not to build a PC video. I didn't know you can run Win10 without activating it.

charl.a_

Thanks man ill watch a video tonight but getting off now as ive got school tomorrow. Also, Would it be better for another internal or external hardrive and what size would u reccomend

Latest posts