What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Can someone help me build my first pc

moocow

Another internal drive for sure. You only use external drives for portability, ie moving files between laptops at school. The size really depends on your budget, if you have the cash, get a 1TB drive as a game drive and fill that baby up with games. At the bare minimum, I say another 500GB (half of 1 TB). I suggest you read up on this article so you know the trade-offs between different storage standards and understand the different between the communication protocols (NVME vs SATA) and physical connector (SATA connector vs M.2).

charl.a_

Thanks man, ill probably get an internal drive for now as i cant get my head around the PCIe and they seem to cost more.

gingerbee

ya if you can afford the extra 30 pounds for sure upgrade to the 2400g and moocow is right getting a hard drive for putting your games on will help
get the biggest one you can afford. and then save some coin when you get a job and grab a new/used 570/580 then it should rip through most games at 1080p with decent fps

If that's all you can afford for starters it will do ok not great just ok. I want to be clear this base system will only get you base fps at 720p and lowering some in-game setting, but you will be able to play games hence why if you can afford the extra 30 pounds for the 2400g it will make a pretty big difference in games at 720p

But yes that's all you need to build a pc besides a flash drive to load windows 10 on to. goodluck and don't stress out with your first build just take your time and don't watch the verge how to build a pc.

edit yes get an internal hard drive external hard drives are really only good for storage like moocow has said

you can go with just a hard drive if you want they are much cheaper for storage but a pcie/nvme drive is 10 times faster but you can always upgrade later once you more use to building there not any harder to use just my2cents

Last edited:

charl.a_

would u recommend buying the same bundle of ebay as its a lot cheeper but im unsure because the graphics are different i think. and nothing comes up on the internet

gingerbee

well if the graphics are different then its a different CPU cause the GPU is in the CPU on this chip (hence there called APU).

If its the same bundle for a cheaper price then you're ok. if you could post the link we could take a look. just be careful cause you also want the 3000mhz ram in the bundle it helps with the fps on these APU's/CPU

I looked on ebay.co.uk and all I found was MSI and Asus a320 board deals I would stay with the Asus b450 in the amazon combo if that's the case gives you more upgrade room later on

ebay is super lower end stuff (a320 boards mostly ) with little to no upgrade path, I would stay with the b450 at least there's an upgrade path and I found when I was a kid many moons ago when I tried to go as cheap as I could it ended up costing me more in the long run

but post the link so I can look at it

Last edited:

gingerbee

ya that's decent and you may be able to go with the 2x8gb ddr4 3000mhz would bring the price to 246.98 before taxes if ya cant swing that you can go with the 2x4gb ddr4 3000mhz for 222.98. just make sure whichever ram you choose to get the highest speed in mhz you can get will help with your fps. my2cents I would go with the corsair

the only minor downside I see in this board is it's MATX, has no VRM heatsinks and only 2 DIMM slots for ram which limits your ram upgrades in the future. Decent basic gaming pc as long as you don't want to overclock you should be good.

charl.a_

ye thanks man ill probably get the 2x4gb so then i can get a decent internal hard drive to. Would u have a suggestion of an internal hard drive at probs 500gb as dont want to spend everything ive got. Also can u reccomend a reasonly priced graphics card which i can upgrade to. Also would this power supply be worse or better than the corse air as its more watts but cheeper

Last edited:

moocow

Ask the question about GPU when you're ready / saved enough since new cards come out every year and changes what we recommend. If you're buying right now, I say RX 580 8GB for a decent 1080p gaming machine. But if you're getting a GPU right out the gate, no point getting the AMD 2400G and pay 30 more pounds for the 2600 combo instead. As for SSD, I personally would consider Crucial MX500 for a budget build. Western Digital Black SN750 or any of the newer Samsung drive if you got spare cash.

Latest posts