What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Countdown - HCF Folding team to the top 800?

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
It's a bit late for such a thread, but we're way past the 1000 mark - actually we'll surpass the 800 mark in 6 days. My little rig that could (that E2140) is now crunching SMPs @ 491 PPDs.

I also found an interesting page: Team Overtakes - EXTREME Overclocking Folding @ Home Stats which shows the next teams that we will overtake. It also shows the we don't have any threats within the next 50 teams!

John

pscout

Fallen Folder
Better late than never :biggrin:

Once we get the team to 800, there will be lots more stats pages to look at too since our individual id's will all show up in the all users views. EOC stats are very complete.

New threats can show up quickly. We got passed by one doing ~ 25k ppd within the last week. Once our membership and production grows a bit more we should be able to continue our progress without being overtaken too much.

Last edited:

Gav

Administrator
Staff member
Folding Team
I should hopefully have a dual core running tomorrow.

I packed it in with the GPU client. Too much noise and heat with a X1900XT for the PPD.:sad:

3.0charlie

Well that was short-lived. The E2140 is down for the count, with Memtest giving over 231000 errors - no typos here guys.

So after changing the PSU for an Antec Trio 550W, I'll be changing the Ram too for some Mushkin. If I'm lucky, I'll have those tomorrow morning...

John

sswilson

Staff member
Well that was short-lived. The E2140 is down for the count, with Memtest giving over 231000 errors - no typos here guys.

So after changing the PSU for an Antec Trio 550W, I'll be changing the Ram too for some Mushkin. If I'm lucky, I'll have those tomorrow morning...

John

Wow... you haven't been having any luck with that memory at all!!!!

3.0charlie

That's what you (may) get when you buy cheap ram. Last time I buy Crucial, since both sets where bought a different places (ncix + Microbytes in MTL).

Mushkin any good?

sswilson

Staff member
I think the key word is "cheap" rather than the actual manufacturer......

If it were me looking for cheap brand name ram, I'd probably pick OCZ based on previous experience, but everybody's experience is going to be different.

3.0charlie

I think the key word is "cheap" rather than the actual manufacturer...

Agreed and understood, since I never bought their Ballistix line. Those were the Rendition series. As for OCZ, I've bought a few kits and even though they are not great oc'er, they never failed me nor my customers.

But this time I'm willing to try some other company.

John

zim01

Looks like 2 days +/= and the big 800 will be yours'

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Scratch

I bought the Buffalo Firestix that were reviewed here and I am very happy with them
The OCZ Titanium I had that were supposed to be uber wouldn't OC worth sh*t

Last edited:

Latest posts