What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

COVID-19 work conditions

Wicked15

IMO - They will likely be required to carry some sort of "note" or identification from their job to ensure that people aren't falsely claiming essential work and then border officials will probably have some sort of list to go off of for what is considered essential and what is not.

I know that the borders remain open to trucks hauling essential goods (Food, medical supplies) and the same goes for the Ferry(Marine Atlantic) from NS--> NFLD and all food trucks now take priority over say lumber, or other random shipments.

Oceanex has made it so that only vessel crew is allowed on their boats and they are not allowed to leave the ship for any reason(Unless a medical emergency) until their 28-day rotation is over.

Crazy times for sure and we can now truly see the scope in full of just how interconnected our lives are and a lot of people don't realize how broad the impact certain things that seem trivial to them actually are on the larger scale.

Peoples initial "panic" buying seems to be subsiding but that will likely only last a week or so and people will have to send that 1 designated person to go stock back up.

I feel sorry for all the Husbands out there sent to the grocery store with "THE LIST" from their spouse :LOL:

Entz

Peoples initial "panic" buying seems to be subsiding but that will likely only last a week or so and people will have to send that 1 designated person to go stock back up.

I feel sorry for all the Husbands out there sent to the grocery store with "THE LIST" from their spouse
Yeah second wave is going to peak next weekend I think.

I went to the store yesterday and it, was for a Sunday, pretty dead (in comparison to wall to wall people). No issues with social distancing and people were being good, if you were looking at something they would wait kinda thing.

Not a lot of stock of some of the panic stuff (canned goods, TP, and frozen veggies) but most things were available in ample quantity now that limits are in place.

So if your that guy that has the list, I would suggest going reasonably early before it gets to crazy. Like if you were thinking of Saturday maybe do Thursday kind of thing.

Pickup times here are booked over a week in advance (Closer to 2 at some), so while that is a good option plan accordingly. Think about this now.

sswilson

Staff member

Wow!!!! I didn't see that coming!

It's one thing to tell public facing businesses to close their doors to the public.... it's another thing to say that all businesses must shutter their doors if they're not considered essential.

I guess that order of 5 print filament rolls I put in today probably won't get fulfilled for a while.

Lysrin

Wow!!!! I didn't see that coming!

It's one thing to tell public facing businesses to close their doors to the public.... it's another thing to say that all businesses must shutter their doors if they're not considered essential.

I guess that order of 5 print filament rolls I put in today probably won't get fulfilled for a while.

I'll be interested to see what the list of businesses that can stay open contains.

We finished day one today of the whole family working at home. Went pretty well. Need to organize a bit more of a schedule for my daughter but other than that no big bumps. Wife's set up in the dining room needs a bit more tweaking too.

moocow

Bloody BC government owned liquor stores are already on reduced hours. I don't want to break out my fancy booze and while they let restaurants deliver liquor now, I bet they will be overpriced.

lowfat

Staff member
Are booze and pot considered local business? We might have riots if everyone is cooped up sober, LOL!
You mean essential business? Then yes. Alcoholics could die w/o access to booze. As for weed, even if the stores closed, I'm sure everyone has a backup source. :sneaky:

sswilson

Staff member
You mean essential business? Then yes. Alcoholics could die w/o access to booze. As for weed, even if the stores closed, I'm sure everyone has a backup source. :sneaky:

The NB premier has been clear that the reason these are both open is to keep the black market from getting a bigger slice than it already has.

Not sure what the situation is in ONT/Que, but in NS I was surprised at how easy it was to buy Moonshine......

Latest posts