What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Crappy Used Computer Parts Ads

Cannon Fodder

@sswilson that hadn't occured to me, but yeah, that DOES kind of point that direction. :unsure:

Notice the listing, where it says, "Condition Used - like new", but right below that, "Brand new not used PSU units"...... just a wee bit contradictory! :rolleyes: Also, the ad SEEMS like it's for a single PSU, but the seller said "PSU units", making it sound as though there may be several (as you said, maybe a pallet load of 'em), although it could simply be a typo.

I also see WAAAY too many PSUs with a LOT of cables missing, or no cables at all.... always makes me wonder what the hell do people do with all their cables, especially since replacements are $10 - $15 ea. :(

moocow

People are lazy and don't want to dig into their pile of stuff to find the unused cables. I'm also wondering if there is another closed office or computer store and people just buy up the inventory. We seen that even computers that are stuck in the repair department getting auctioned off when NCIX went under.

moocow

Cool combo don't get me wrong but buying a 4090 for almost double the price is just plain stupid. You have to have stupid money to get a cool kit. If people aren't impressed by BMW, I don't think they will be impressed by an EVA theme PC.

JD

Staff member
Well those were limited edition runs right? Not a lot of them exist in the world, so those sort of items always fetch a premium.

Gigabyte just launched these too with a 99% gold serial number plaque so there's clearly a market out there.

1713379137215.png

Izerous

Folding Team
I had considered the EVA Scope RX keyboard because I thought the color scheme was kind of interesting. But even then I wasn't willing to pay the markup vs the non eva keyboard. No way i'm buying a 4090 with a skyrocketed price tag regardless if I think visually it looks interesting.

Latest posts