What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Crappy Used Computer Parts Ads

Cannon Fodder

Every time I see ads like those vid cards above, I wonder if the sellers are scammers, or simply out of touch with current market prices. I've seen some 1070Ti cards around here recently, that are priced at half, or even 1/3 of that person's asking price. As for the 3070, I see way too many similar ads of "Brand new, still sealed" & "Paid $xxx, but didn't end up using it", and wonder who buys expensive hardware, and never even opens the damn package..... only thing that comes to mind, would be miners that had stockpiled some cards, didn't get around to deploying them, and then shortly after they'd bought them, the mining crash happened. :unsure:

moocow

It is a GPU heatsink. Thermalright T-Rad2. Would have been pretty damn pricey back in the day.
I thought it's a GPU heatsink due to the way the cold plate is mounted but wasn't sure since I didn't know there are GPU where it's offset to the side like that.

Cannon Fodder

That is $50 more than I could buy a brand new 5800X for.

Ya gotta wonder how people arrive at their asking prices for things like that..... since they clearly didn't check on new prices for something somewhat similar, you'd think it must be nothing more than, "Hmmm, I paid $xxx.xx for this, so $300 would be a fair price"..... :rolleyes:

sswilson

Staff member
Ya gotta wonder how people arrive at their asking prices for things like that..... since they clearly didn't check on new prices for something somewhat similar, you'd think it must be nothing more than, "Hmmm, I paid $xxx.xx for this, so $300 would be a fair price"..... :rolleyes:

That's the most likely, but another major culprit is the low global stock algo for PC parts on Amazon. You often see one-of listings for old processors/MBs which are crazy expensive.

Cannon Fodder

That's the most likely, but another major culprit is the low global stock algo for PC parts on Amazon. You often see one-of listings for old processors/MBs which are crazy expensive.

Yup, and I often see idiots on FBM using those ridiculous Amazon listings as their justification for their asking price, as though Amazon is THE bible of pricing! :rolleyes: I just saw a whole buttload of those kind of Amazon prices yesterday, when using PCPartPicker to check on stock levels of various last gen AMD gfx cards, and all of the cards that aren't in stock anywhere, are still listed as though Amazon has stock, but at sky-high prices...... people just don't seem to clue in that those prices ARE NOT reality..... for that matter, I wonder why Amazon leaves those listings sitting there..... gotta be a good (or maybe just semi-decent) reason for it. :unsure:

lowfat

Staff member
1000004071.jpg

**EXCELLENT CONDITION**
All benchmark details are in the photos.
Please do not hesitate to ask any questions.

Lenovo Legion T730 28ICO
Paid $3500 - asking $2000

Cooling system.
Intel Core i9-9900K Processor (8C / 16T, 3.6 / 5.0GHz, 16MB)
Operating System
Windows 10 Professional 64
Graphic Card
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070
Memory
32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 2666Mhz UDIMM Memory
Storage
1 x 1TD Internal SSD Drive
1 x 256 SSD Drive
Optical Drive
DVD-RW
AC Adapter / Power Supply
500W
Ports
8 x USB 3.0, 1 x Headset, 1 x Microphone-in, 1 x RJ-45, 1 x Audio-Out.

moocow

Oof, I spec a 7800X3D with 4070Ti for a few hundred more (including tax).

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.2 GHz 8-Core Processor ($488.98 @ Amazon Canada)
Motherboard: Gigabyte B650 GAMING X AX ATX AM5 Motherboard ($235.25 @ Vuugo)
Memory: TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL38 Memory ($128.81 @ Amazon Canada)
Storage: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 HTSK 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive ($227.99 @ Amazon Canada)
Video Card: Gigabyte GAMING OC V2 GeForce RTX 4070 Ti 12 GB Video Card ($898.88 @ Canada Computers)
Case: Antec NX410 ATX Mid Tower Case ($102.89 @ Amazon Canada)
Power Supply: SeaSonic FOCUS GX-750 ATX 3.0 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($122.98 @ Newegg Canada)
Total: $2205.78
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2024-05-15 16:19 EDT-0400

Latest posts