What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Diablo 3 - PLEASE!

TwystedMonkey

Looking at these new teaser pics Blizzard has been releasing puts me in a weird place. I was one of like 3 people in North America disapointed by them announcing Starcraft 2... Not that I don't like the game I just suck enough at RTS games that I didn't play the first so why should I play and/or be excited about the 2nd one. I was certain that announcement was going to be D3 and then I got kicked in the crotch when it wasn't... But this one hopefully will be what I have been waiting for, the Diablo series has been one of my favorites since the first game and I can't wait to see whats next. I don't know how many people will agree with me but I am fairly sure I will be significantly more hated than I was before just for admitting that I don't like Starcraft. If this announcement is actually Diablo 3 though I will be to busy dancing to care...

matsta31

Announcement ? When, where ? :)

I have been waiting for Diablo 3 for about 2 years now..... But the new trend of charging a monthly fee to play is keeping me calmer. I mean, I have less and less time to play, so 10 $ a month to play not so many hours seems steep to me.

TwystedMonkey

Well its not an announcement per se its the Blizzard's 2008 Worldwide Invitational being held this weekend in Paris would be a good place to tell everyone what all these damn mysterious pics are about. And although I know most of blizzard's online products since D2 have been pay per play but i would hope they have made enough billions from WOW that they could put D3 online and not have to make people pay. I am sure thats a retarded lvl of optimism because every company out there will take ANY way possible to make a buck or billion... but stranger things have happened. But either way I thought the single player stories of D1 and D2 made the game and it was never the online play that did it for me. So I see myself being able to buy D3 and play single player and be able to completely ignore online play IF you have to pay for it. Then again I am getting ahead of myself because this might not even be D3 and I could be setting myself up for a metaphorical/pyschological nutshot of epic proportions...

matsta31

Paris ? wow! they could be at a worst place....

The fee is why I am mostly playing RTS and FPS these days. Maybe it will change with D3

enaberif

Looking at these new teaser pics Blizzard has been releasing puts me in a weird place. I was one of like 3 people in North America disapointed by them announcing Starcraft 2... Not that I don't like the game I just suck enough at RTS games that I didn't play the first so why should I play and/or be excited about the 2nd one. I was certain that announcement was going to be D3 and then I got kicked in the crotch when it wasn't... But this one hopefully will be what I have been waiting for, the Diablo series has been one of my favorites since the first game and I can't wait to see whats next. I don't know how many people will agree with me but I am fairly sure I will be significantly more hated than I was before just for admitting that I don't like Starcraft. If this announcement is actually Diablo 3 though I will be to busy dancing to care...

its the new expansion for WoW not D3

misterlarry

Yes D3 is another title that I'm looking forward to, so much so that I dug out D2 the day before yesterday and installed it. Wow, have graphics ever come a long way. Unfortunately, I had to uninstall it right away because the graphic quality was so low that you would have to stand on the other side of the room to try and play it. Like I said, I'm looking forward to D3!

encorp

OP: Why don't you provide us a link to these "mysterious" pics you're talking about? lol

matsta31

Good point, me want pictures! It would make sense to be Wow expansion, this thing must be an amazing cash cow. They will milk until anoter RPG take its place. Maybe AOC ?

enaberif

Good point, me want pictures! It would make sense to be Wow expansion, this thing must be an amazing cash cow. They will milk until anoter RPG take its place. Maybe AOC ?

WoTLK expansion due out this fall.

They are milking it like crazy.

Evilyeti

www blizzard com the splash screen has changed a little bit every day for the past couple days.

A lot of rabid Blizzard fanboys are speculating its Diablo 3, and than the other half is saying its just news about the new expansion for World of Warcraft.

Either way i don't really care because I'm waiting for Starcraft 2. I was a huge Diablo 1 fan but Diablo 2 didn't do anything for me. *shrugs*

I wouldn't be surprised if its Diablo 3, Blizzard did buy the Diablo3.com domain name from that fan site a couple months back.

But until they announce anything I'm just going to sit here continuing to wait for Starcraft 2.

Latest posts