What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Diablo 3

Arinoth

Staff member
Here are my chars

Niftoo#1185 - Community - Diablo III

Plus, Legendary blog post is up

1.0.4 Legendary Item Improvements - Diablo III

Now those items are what they should have been at the beginning... makes me want to cry for the crap ones that I have in my stash :) But still, they are listening and working on it. Can't ask for more than that.

Actually listening from Day 1 or Month 1 is what more you can ask for. The game has been out for 3 months and only now are they listening to their users and making changes to try to keep what little fans they have playing the game now (and hope to pull in ones who abandoned the game months ago). It may be too little too late with games such as Torchlight 2 and the much anticipated Borderlands 2 on the horizon

sswilson

Staff member
Here are my chars

Niftoo#1185 - Community - Diablo III

Plus, Legendary blog post is up

1.0.4 Legendary Item Improvements - Diablo III

Now those items are what they should have been at the beginning... makes me want to cry for the crap ones that I have in my stash :) But still, they are listening and working on it. Can't ask for more than that.

Good to see that they're finally doing something to address the community's concerns, but playing devil's advocate, it also points very strongly to their philosophy WRT itemization.

I'm actually shocked at some of the affixes they've attached to the legendaries. Something like having a chance for an angel to come down and fight beside you took some pretty hard coding. I'm sure the majority of the community would suggest that the time would have been better spent resolving the systemic itemization issues (mainly due to RNG over too wide of a range, and lack of weighting for Prim/Vit/AllRes), but it's obvious from where they're tweaking (or spending real time coding) that the itemization is "working as intended".

Arinoth

Staff member
It's funny how it just says "a chance", everything else has a clear cut percentage chance to occur, this one is just "a chance". I bet you it's something under 1%, otherwise why not let the community know the exact percentage chance these new procs have?

Also, old items will not be changed so you'll have a new grind to get better items to grind to get better items.

Dwayne

It's funny how it just says "a chance", everything else has a clear cut percentage chance to occur, this one is just "a chance". I bet you it's something under 1%, otherwise why not let the community know the exact percentage chance these new procs have?

Also, old items will not be changed so you'll have a new grind to get better items to grind to get better items.

A chance means that in the blog post they didn't put a specific number. Maybe it will be in the patch notes, maybe they want to keep it a secret... maybe they don't care that you want to know. Why do they have to let the community know what the numbers in the background are anyway?

You have to grind to get items, isn't that the point of the game? Yup, sucks to have a stash full of old, useless legendaries (I think I have been blessed with 5 drops and I have use the gold AH to purchase a few specific items to try to progress) but we grind to get more, or to get better gear, or just to play the game to grind.

JJThomp

A chance means that in the blog post they didn't put a specific number. Maybe it will be in the patch notes, maybe they want to keep it a secret... maybe they don't care that you want to know. Why do they have to let the community know what the numbers in the background are anyway?

You have to grind to get items, isn't that the point of the game? Yup, sucks to have a stash full of old, useless legendaries (I think I have been blessed with 5 drops and I have use the gold AH to purchase a few specific items to try to progress) but we grind to get more, or to get better gear, or just to play the game to grind.

A chance means that it works best on whirl wind barbs just like every other on hit effect.

Dr_BenD_over

Fallen Folder
Is it just us east coast people, or does anybody else enter a lag fest at about 9pm atlantic on weekdays when the latency goes through the roof?

Latest posts