What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Completed Eclipse

akira749

eclipse.jpg

Hi guys! Welcome to a new build!! This time this build is in direct collaboration with Gigabyte who sent me there amazing new board! I can't thank them enough for this opportunity! :thumb:

With it's amazing black and orange theme and our recent blood moon eclipse, which was amazing by the way, I simply named this build "Eclipse". Nothing fancy but i think it fits. :biggrin:

To make sure this motherboard would be the center piece, it needed a very cool case. I had a long brainstorm with myself and the one brand that always were on top was my friends at Parvum. Since I knew they were releasing there new line of ATX cases, I contacted Justin and he jumped in my bandwagon immediately! The case won't be crazy customized since I found the original lines of the case beautiful. But it will have a few things made differently.

My last 2 partners are also some recurring ones who I always love to go with. EK for the watercooling parts and Ensourced on the sleeving job.

This build is to replace my current daily/gaming rig (Alexstrasza’s Shrine) so the SSD line up might look random but I'm simply using the same ones with the addition of another 250GB one.

So let's go with the part list!!!

Build setup/parts listing :

Case
  • Parvum L1.0 ATX Case Black/Orange

Components
  • Gigabyte GA-Z170X-SOC Force Motherboard
  • Intel i7-6700K CPU
  • Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4-3400MHz Limited Edition Orange RAM
  • EVGA Supernova 1200 P2 1200W 80PLUS Platinum PSU
  • Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming GPU's (2x)
  • Samsung 840 250GB SSD
  • SanDisk Extreme 240GB SSD
  • OCZ Agility 3 120GB SSD
  • Samsung 840 Evo 120GB SSD

Cooling
  • Will come later :haha:

Sleeving, lighting and misc.
  • Paracord 550 Black
  • Paracord 550 Orange (either neon or burned or both)
  • Darkside HD Sleeved Sata Data Cables - Orange UV
  • NZXT Sleeved LED Kit White (2 meters)
  • Maybe some DIY vinyl stickers

Enjoy everyone!!!

Last edited:

10e

Cool, Akira's back!

Looks like a great start to a build, and looks like a very special case to start with!

Subb'd!

grumps312

Very nice case! I was trying to look for that, just too bad they don't sell it in Canada. Or at least not around me.

akira749

Cool, Akira's back!

Looks like a great start to a build, and looks like a very special case to start with!

Subb'd!

Very nice case! I was trying to look for that, just too bad they don't sell it in Canada. Or at least not around me.

Nice Akira, wicked parts list waiting to see this one.

Thanks guys!

@grumps312, I agree with you that it's sad that they don't sell them here but it's still a very small company (they just hired there 4th employee recently!) so maybe we can hope that in the future it will reach more resellers in North America. :thumb:

akira749

I finally had the time to take some pictures!!! :biggrin:

Today's update is mostly focused on the hardware since I still have to order the watercooling components and the case is still under construction. So let's go!

Here's the center of gravity of this build! The gorgeous Gigabyte Z170X-SOC Force motherboard!

DSC_4830.JPG

For those who wonder, yes I will be using the waterblock of the board. :thumb:
DSC_4831.JPG

DSC_4834.JPG

DSC_4839.JPG

The OC Touch section. I started using it a little bit but I need to work more on it.
DSC_4835.JPG

The heart is a sweet Intel i7-6700K!
DSC_4836.JPG

Next items on the list....The Special Edition Corsair RAM

DSC_4844.JPG

Yep 3400MHz!!! In the Special Edition Orange, you don't have the choice of speed. But 3400MHZ doesn't hurt lolll
DSC_4847.JPG

DSC_4850.JPG

Here's the RAM installed on the board, as you can see the match is perfect!
DSC_4857.JPG

Next, the GPU's! I ordered them separately because I had a deal somewhere but there was a "1 per customer" restriction. I ordered the other one a few days after at another place. So this is why you will see the bench setup below with only 1 GPU since the second GPU arrived yesterday.

DSC_4861.JPG

Here's they are featured with the retention bracket called the "OC Brace" that Gigabyte is including with the motherboard. This brace is useful if you're on an open bench and want your expensive GPU's to have an extra level of secured installation.
DSC_4865.JPG

Here's the GPU's installed on the board, Gigabyte awesomeness!
DSC_4869.JPG

Next, the PSU. It was a close battle until the end between the EVGA Supernova 1200 P2 and the Seasonic Platinum SS-1200XP3. Both superb units with stellar reviews. At the end, the EVGA had a better deal.

DSC_4870.JPG

DSC_4872.JPG

DSC_4874.JPG

Here's the current running setup like it has been for the last week or so. I did some tests and the system as also been folding 24/7 to test the components. As you can see I installed my new EK-XLC Predator 360 on my Spotswood Bench! The unit didn't fit in the bottom compartment so I found a way to secure it lolll

DSC_4821.JPG

DSC_4822.JPG

I love this bench!
DSC_4826.JPG

And we are done for today!

Well almost

I guess I can show you something else...fresh from a local anodizing shop. It's a close match (not perfect but close) to the Corsair RAM. The lighting on the pictures make them look more different than they really are.

DSC_4882.JPG

DSC_4883.JPG

DSC_4887.JPG

Now i'm done :biggrin:

I will continue to bench the components while I wait for the rest to come up. I will install the second GPU today and continue my run of test. So far the 980 Ti G1 Gaming is extremely good. Very nice stable overclock on air and the 6700K is not bad too. But I still need to push it further.

I will also remove the Bench PSU to install the EVGA and make sure it's working correctly.

Until then, take care guys!

akira749

Wow it's been such an awful lot of months since I updated the build! :sad:

First, I had to wait for the case to be made. It took a bit longer than I thought but in the early days of January I received my case! It's just absolutely gorgeous!

But then, I got really sick....I catch a flu that generated a lot of secondary issues. Just to give you an idea without going into the details, I finished some of my antibiotics 2 days ago....so almost a month of being sick from the flu or it's effects....I never had this before!

Anyway, I'm now feeling better so I can now resume this build and actually finish it in no times!

On the update side, I will start with the cooling components from EK!! You will see that I will use 2 different sort of fittings. The front or visual part of the loop will be done with hard tubing and the more hidden part will be done with soft tubing. There will be a few passthrough drilled on the mid wall and the bottom separator. The soft tubing will be EK-ZMT tubing.

DSC_5003.JPG

DSC_5013.JPG

Here, I added the tubing I will use for the visual part of the loop. You can see the normal clear acrylic example and just over, the chromed copper tubing! It's just beautiful and should fit well in the build.

DSC_5019.JPG

While I was planning everything back in the fall season, I contacted V1 Tech to have a custom SLI bridge made for my setup. They make some awesome stuff so go check them out!

Here's my lovely SLI bridge!

DSC_5007.JPG

DSC_5009.JPG

Thanks again V1 Tech!!

And now the case!! The beautiful and brand new Parvum L1.0 ATX case!!!

DSC_5020.JPG

DSC_5023.JPG

DSC_5024.JPG

DSC_5026.JPG

Here's a shot of the case and the motherboard which served has an inspiration for the details on the case!

DSC_5028.JPG

In the next days I have to install a few things to make the PSU cable length measures so I can order my PSU cables which is the last thing I need to complete the build. I will also mark the places of the passthrough and then disassemble the case to go drill the holes for those passthrough.

Once done, I will then be able to begin the real assembly phase of the components.

So expect some frequent updates in the next days/weeks! :thumb:

Thanks everyone for your patience!

Latest posts