What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

find the broken thing

bissa

yeah, that's what I mean. I replaced that motherboard about 2 weeks ago because the voltage controllers were failing.

bissa

well, since the video card is fine, and my PSU is getting fairly old anyways. I'm going to look into replacing that in the near future.

in order to change out the cables, I need to un-mount the CPU heat sink, and take apart a bunch of stuff. as well as to get to my dads PSU I would need to pretty well completely disassemble his computer, as well as put it all back together after-words. so it's a lot of effort to test the only likely remaining point of failure.

bissa

WHY?

Just put the 2 cases side by side and pull his cables across...
Pain to re-wire it if you've spent time on it but test first replace after. Otherwise you just spend money for no reason.

because the cables still wouldn't reach.

I had a few hours of free time today, so I decided to bite the bullet and pull everything apart. it was the power supply that was causing the issues. got it all in and ran the test for about 20 minutes with no errors. before it would error out in about the first second of the test or so.

so, I've got the power supply I was looking at on the way now, and hopefully nothing else shows up.