What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

(Games are lagging with new setup) EDIT: the issue is the DPC Latency, does anybody have any solution for this?

smh

There is more to a fully functioning PC with a gpu setup than just the nV drivers. Are you installing all of your motherboard drivers too?
Yes, I install all of them
After much research the only result that I got was with using the msi utility tool and marking my GPU as "msi":
1630782099523.png
And then after rebooting my PC, it will "almost" get rid of the dxgkrnl.sys, it shows less often in the LatencyMon than before, it rarely shows up, my main issue is now the nvlddmkm.sys

Solace

If not already mentioned,

bcdedit /set useplatformclock true
bcdedit /set disabledynamictick yes
powershell Disable-MMAgent -mc

First two are related to the systems resolution timer that plays a role in latency, the third is disabling windows 10 new memory compression which adds latency and cpu cycles to conserve on RAM usage. If already mentioned then disregard.

Generally DPC latency is only solved by updated drivers/firmware however optimizing the kernels resolution timer and various other tweaks can help reduce if not eliminate the impact of misbehaving drivers on various builds.

My current ryzen build and my 2700K from years ago were the only two builds to have low latency thx to proper drivers being desisnged. Every other build had either the NIC, storage or GPU driver causing latency spikes and some minor dropouts. I had to even find low latency drivers for a legacy sound card just due to the fact the MFG stopped supporting the card (xonar).

Vittra

Couple of things of that may not have been mentioned yet although I see Solace touched on it a bit in the post previous to me - I've only scanned the thread quickly before posting:

1) 10th gen cpu in 11th gen motherboard originally had some performance irregularities on Z590 too, supposedly resolved on after some time with some manufacturers BIOS updates. Worth considering regarding H510. I have seen reports of BIOS updates fixing DPC latency issues in the past.

2) Don't install any superfluous utilities bundled with your motherboard - based on everything you've described I doubt you have, but it's worth pointing out anyway. In the past products like Asus Armoury Crate/AI Suite and Gigabyte's equivalent have been known to cause DPC latency issues. This more recently came around again with performance issues in Valorant showing up yet again with the source being traced to Armoury Crate.

smh

If not already mentioned,

bcdedit /set useplatformclock true
bcdedit /set disabledynamictick yes
powershell Disable-MMAgent -mc

First two are related to the systems resolution timer that plays a role in latency, the third is disabling windows 10 new memory compression which adds latency and cpu cycles to conserve on RAM usage. If already mentioned then disregard.

Generally DPC latency is only solved by updated drivers/firmware however optimizing the kernels resolution timer and various other tweaks can help reduce if not eliminate the impact of misbehaving drivers on various builds.

My current ryzen build and my 2700K from years ago were the only two builds to have low latency thx to proper drivers being desisnged. Every other build had either the NIC, storage or GPU driver causing latency spikes and some minor dropouts. I had to even find low latency drivers for a legacy sound card just due to the fact the MFG stopped supporting the card (xonar).
I think you meant
bcdedit /set useplatformclock false
because setting that true, brings so MUCH lag
I disabled that before and I ran the two other commands as well, but didn't help
For the drivers, I only install those from my motherboard's website
www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/H510M-S2H-rev-10/support#support-dl-driver
I don't know if that's all I need, I can't install the Intel Graphic Driver btw, it shows an error saying that my system doesn't meet the minimum requirements

smh

Couple of things of that may not have been mentioned yet although I see Solace touched on it a bit in the post previous to me - I've only scanned the thread quickly before posting:

1) 10th gen cpu in 11th gen motherboard originally had some performance irregularities on Z590 too, supposedly resolved on after some time with some manufacturers BIOS updates. Worth considering regarding H510. I have seen reports of BIOS updates fixing DPC latency issues in the past.

2) Don't install any superfluous utilities bundled with your motherboard - based on everything you've described I doubt you have, but it's worth pointing out anyway. In the past products like Asus Armoury Crate/AI Suite and Gigabyte's equivalent have been known to cause DPC latency issues. This more recently came around again with performance issues in Valorant showing up yet again with the source being traced to Armoury Crate.
I'm also concerned about my motherboard, maybe it's not compatible with my GPU or something
No I didn't install any utility tool, I've tested with them installed, and without them, no difference
currently, the only utility tool I installed is the @Bios

smh

Why is this driver so old? are these even downloadable? I couldn't find it on the internet
1630825660566.png

Last edited:

smh

Not sure if you've already read this thread, but someone seems to solve their problem with DPC latency. They say it comes back after some amount of up time though, requiring a restart. May be worth a look close to bottom of linked page.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...y/da0b269b-6e22-4275-81ee-3671fb554528?page=2
I just did what he said, but it didn't fix anything, I ran that optimizer as well
this nvlddmkm.sys won't go away, it's always there with high latency

clshades

Solace

I think you meant
bcdedit /set useplatformclock false
because setting that true, brings so MUCH lag
I disabled that before and I ran the two other commands as well, but didn't help
For the drivers, I only install those from my motherboard's website
www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/H510M-S2H-rev-10/support#support-dl-driver
I don't know if that's all I need, I can't install the Intel Graphic Driver btw, it shows an error saying that my system doesn't meet the minimum requirements
No, I most definitely did not mean false, likely you have toggled a few other settings in the bios of OS related to the platforms resolution timer which can have adverse affects. That or the bios is defaulting to the wrong setting around HPET. I've had multiple builds over the years and each and every one has reduce DPC latency and eliminated spikes (even if it was negligible). I would be checking different driver releases for the affected device, if its not resolved then potentially changing bios settings related to the device may also help or different firmware that is unaffected. If you need more information I would suggest checking google as the amount of information around HPET is a lot. There are utilities to check the settings as well and measure latency.

DPC latency occurs for multiple reasons, power saving settings could also induce spikes i.e core parking. This acutally was the cause when I played battle field and serious sam back in the day. I would think game engines and devs these days have proper api calls and multicore games.

also the disabling of memory compression is only adivsiable on 16gb+ of memory, I would assume anyone here has that unless it is a media center

Latest posts

Twitter