What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

(Games are lagging with new setup) EDIT: the issue is the DPC Latency, does anybody have any solution for this?

smh

They cant set it manually. Its a H510 board with a 10th series Intel i3 chip, so it wont 'overclock'.

If it was an i5 or i7, or 11th gen i3 the ram could go higher, I think to 2933.
I think I find the issue, the issue is my DPC Latency which is high AF, and my situation is so similar to those who had this issue:
linustechtips.com/topic/1222687-dpc-latency-issues-with-nvlddmkm-and-dxgkrnlsys/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-14970086
he says that he was getting 10~15 FPS playing Warzone with this issue, and he fixed it by CMOS resetting which I've tried as well, but didn't work for me, he's main problem was wrong RAM speed
I am happy though, cause I finally got a clue to search for :|
I would be happier if anybody here has any solution to this latency issue
Here's the LatencyMon program, which shows the DPC latency and the cause of it, the two bars at the bottom show:
(dxgkrnl.sys - DirectX Graphics Kernel, Microsoft Corporation)
(nvlddmkm.sys - NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 471.96, NVIDIA Corporation)
which are the two main causes of this latency, If I disable my Graphic card from device manager, the latency gets fixed and decreases so much, my audio also gets fixed after disabling it, otherwise it has so much noise and stuttering, but after enabling it, all the problems show up again
1630696843160.png
I've tried lots of different ways as well, none of them worked
The power option is at "High Performance" both in control panel and my 3D settings in my Nvidia control panel
HPET is disabled
tried installing graphics driver with only the Graphics driver selected, without any HD audio driver and Physx and Gefore Experience
tried CMOS resetting
and maybe some other things that I can't remember

Last edited:

moocow

Not an expert in this area but you mentioned the audio is connected to the monitor's built in speakers. Is that done over HDMI or DP? If so could this be an issue of GPU already taxed to the max and then try to handle audio as well? May be select a different sound output and plug in a headset to see if it helps?

smh

Not an expert in this area but you mentioned the audio is connected to the monitor's built in speakers. Is that done over HDMI or DP? If so could this be an issue of GPU already taxed to the max and then try to handle audio as well? May be select a different sound output and plug in a headset to see if it helps?
it's connected with HDMI, yes the sound of the headset is ok without any noise
I don't think the GPU would be maxed out just by playing a video, I don't know but the main issue is this DPC latency, If I get that done, I think everything will be fixed

smh

Have you seen this thread on MS?

Yeah, I couldn't find any unrelated service to turn off, the issue is more related to GPU I think, the dxgkrnl.sys and nvlddmkm.sys are both related to graphics driver, but I don't know how to fix them
But I found this post:
vi-control.net/community/threads/dpc-latency-spikes-due-to-nvidea-drivers-solutions.98845/
and someone was suggesting to do these steps:
- Disable Windows 10 Hibernate
- Disable HPET
- Use NVSlimmer to create a less bloated NVidia DRIVER
- Use DDU to uninstall the current driver
- Install the less bloated DRIVE trimmed by NVSlimmer
- Adjust BOTH NVIDIA and Windows power settings
- Make sure NVidia driver is using MSI utility tool www.mediafire.com/file/ewpy1p0rr132thk/MSI_util_v3.zip/file

and I think it did make a change in LatencyMon, but not that much, it didn't lower the latencies at all, but the dxgkrnl.sys appears less often than before, it's replaced by HDAudBus.sys or the wdf01000.sys, which they spike as well, I don't know If this is was a good change or not, maybe my problem is now more than before :| IDK

moocow

I could also be a network thing according to the suggested fix in that post. Someone went the nuclear option and just reinstall Win10.

Latest posts