What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

HAHAHA!!! Google still knows how to be funny sometimes!!!

lowfat

Staff member
Aluminium is nonsense. It is used because they want to. There is no logical sense to pronounce it that way other than to sound similar to other elements. lol

uh·loo·muh·nuhm is correct.
But the 'ee' is pronounced on a lot of others

Potassium
Uranium
Plutonium

The british aluminum seems right to me.

But TBH a lot of the english language makes no sense phonetically.

crazyea

But the 'ee' is pronounced on a lot of others

Potassium
Uranium
Plutonium

The british aluminum seems right to me.

But TBH a lot of the english language makes no sense phonetically.
But there is not an "ium" in Aluminum like there is in the others. That's my issue with it.

lowfat

Staff member
But there is not an "ium" in Aluminum like there is in the others. That's my issue with it.
That is debatable tho. I have always spelled it aluminium. My aluminium fool says aluminum but the Aluminium Association of Canada writes it properly. Since Canada follows British English for every other word, wouldn't aluminium be right? :p

crazyea

That is debatable tho. I have always spelled it aluminium. My aluminium fool says aluminum but the Aluminium Association of Canada writes it properly. Since Canada follows British English for every other word, wouldn't aluminium be right? :p
Well if it makes you feel any better I called it aluminuminum when I was a kid. I stand corrected in that there is a spelling for it with ium. My head doesn't care for it, but I'm a backwards Canadian anyway as I still measure myself in feet and lbs. So don't listen to me about anything. Haha,

Latest posts