What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Headset recommendation - headset around 200€

Silven

Hi!

I wanted to get a headset mostly gaming/daily use/music for PC. I am more interested on closed back versions around a price range of 200€

I have to say that I already got 2 weeks ago Razer Blackshark v2 PRO (wireless) and despite it sounds quite good, and they are REALLY confortable (which is really important for me), maybe I paid too much for having just a wireless version.

So, I am trying to figure out if returning the Razer and getting one (wired) headset that sounds better is worth (specially with black friday around the corner) the hassle.
In the given price slot, I have found the HyperX Cloud Orbit S, which everyone talks really good about, having the same quality as the high regarded audece mobius.

What's your opinion about all of this? Would you return the Razer, and if so, which one would you recommend? Is the Cloud Orbit any good?

Thanks so much guys.

Bond007

Not saying you can't get good headsets with your wants, but both closed back and wireless are items that generally make for less desirable sound.

Does it have to be a "gaming headset" (with a mic)?
You want closed back for isolation/noise considerations, or just that you prefer it?
Would you go wired, or you want wireless?

Silven

I actually got the wireless to figure out if it was that important. I realised it is not. So I am searching more for a wired now.

I am looking for closed back for isolation (and also prefer aesthethics) and the mic would be highly desirable.

sswilson

Staff member
Might be worthwhile looking for the best stand-alone headphones you can afford and then incorporating a modmic into the mix.

Izerous

Folding Team
I was using Pskyoaudio headset the audio quality for music etc is absolute garbage but the sound location in 3d space is amazing and I got kicked from a few servers for shooting people through walls in CoD and being accused of hacking but I could actually hear where they were and kill them.

In comparison the emulated surround in any headset I have used since is unpleasant and I leave them in stereo mode. But I have otherwise been quite happy with the ROG Delta headset, comfortable, usb-c is actually kind of a perk in my case (motherboard, laptop, phone all have usb-c ports).

Skippman

I was going down this rabbit hole a while back. I ended up going with the Arctis Pro Wireless headphones from Steelseries and honest, I've been extremely pleased with them. They're comfortable, have good battery life, are closed back, and can do bluetooth and PC audio simultaneously which is useful for cellphone calls. I use mine both for daily conference calls and for gaming. I'd absolutely buy them again.

Silven

I was going down this rabbit hole a while back. I ended up going with the Arctis Pro Wireless headphones from Steelseries and honest, I've been extremely pleased with them. They're comfortable, have good battery life, are closed back, and can do bluetooth and PC audio simultaneously which is useful for cellphone calls. I use mine both for daily conference calls and for gaming. I'd absolutely buy them again.
Well I already tried wireless for some time with the Razer Blackshark v2 pro (that I am about to return) and will try to go for a wired version now.
This is, basically, to maximize quality per cost.

That said, I believe the Arctis Pro Wireless are fine, specially if you wanna connect to both pc and mobile. But I actually just want to use it for PC, so don't mind the wireless that much.

I also have heard in many different places good things about the HyperX (Audece) saying that it has the best sound quality, magnetic drivers... and it also way cheaper than the Arctis Pro (around 60 eur).

So, I might go for the HyperX if I find a good deal on Black Friday, since they are cheap and sound good (don't actually know if better or worse than the Arctis Pro, or the Razer v2 Pro that I currently own)

Silven

Honestly, and after a view of researching here and there, the Audeze Penrose seems obviously better than the HyperX (better software and possibly sound, better mic, wireless, removed useless 3D...), apart from a bit cheaper, which is awesome, so I am thinking about ordering a pair.

The only problem I see is the delivery itself, I don't want to be waiting one month to get it, so how much time they take the coming weeks to deliver it to its dealers in my country is key...

Latest posts