What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

home made gpu water block

Lazypixel

Here are some pics of my weekend project. I am thinking that maybe I should run the channels in the copper base a little deeper for better heat transfer. At the moment they are running 3mm deep leaving 3mm to the bottom. If anyone has any suggestions on how to make this thing work better than my air cooler let me know b4 i install this chunk of copper :)...As soon as I find some fittings Im going to give this block a try :canadianwave::canadianwave::canadianwave:

Attachments

• DSC_4617 (2).jpg
    DSC_4617 (2).jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 9,764
  • DSC_4617.jpg
    DSC_4617.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 13,246
  • DSC_4617 (3).jpg
    DSC_4617 (3).jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 13,139
  • DSC_4617-Edit.jpg
    DSC_4617-Edit.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 17,011
Last edited:

Apollo4g

very very nice lazy!

What are you mounting it on? CPU? What cpu?

Those are some serious skills you got there, where in Canada are you located exactly? Could use you in some projects....:haha:

How did you make the block? CNC or manual mill?

More pics please! :thumb:

Lazypixel

Thanks Apollo

I was planning on putting it on my 260 gtx but am still not sure if it will work...All machining was done with my little bosh trim router and jigs...If you need a hand in your projects Im in Edmonton so come over :)

miggs78

Way too nice work, some skillz man.. Apollo's too far for you, I live in Calgary.. come over.. oh I mean I'll be there :bleh:

Apollo4g

Nice work. For a GPU that should be fine but the 2xx series seem to overheat more at the VRM end, thats what makes them fail most of the time.

Try get a CPU block going and make sure there is turbulence hitting the core, that method seems to be the best.

Also 3mm is a little thick, try go under 2mm.

Jackquelegs

Nicely done! Apollo is right though, the VRM side seems to be a bit lacking. Overall great work. I look forward to seeing a possible CPU block.

PS: That acylic really bothers me, since it's quite prone to microfractures

Dazmode

Pretty cool. I love DIY stuff. THis would be great as chipset block.

As for GTX260, not only nVidia chip needs to be cooled, but also 3 other chips, plus RAM plus VRMs, so you need more coverage.

Lazypixel

Thank you guys for all your comments.....I think Ill give this a try as is... if the temps are awful Ill just pull it out and make some changes ... easier said than done :)

EDIT btw I have heat sinks for the vrms and the ram

Attachments

• 260 block.JPG
    260 block.JPG
    95 KB · Views: 30,775

Latest posts