What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

how often do you charge your mobile devices?

Bond007

I have no charge routine. Sometimes a minor top up, sometimes leave it charge to 100%, sometimes charge it just before it dies…I have never had an issue with battery life diminishing to a point that affected phone usability, so I don’t see a reason to change to anything more structured.

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
I have no charge routine. Sometimes a minor top up, sometimes leave it charge to 100%, sometimes charge it just before it dies…I have never had an issue with battery life diminishing to a point that affected phone usability, so I don’t see a reason to change to anything more structured.

I wonder if I'm adding more wear / tear in charging my Velvet 5G twice a day because I only charge it to 80%, but by bedtime it's down to 50 or 60% which would mean by the time I'm done my bedtime surfing it will be 20% and possibly run dry overnight.

Bond007

I wonder if I'm adding more wear / tear in charging my Velvet 5G twice a day because I only charge it to 80%, but by bedtime it's down to 50 or 60% which would mean by the time I'm done my bedtime surfing it will be 20% and possibly run dry overnight.
It will drop up to 20% overnight? That is a lot.

rjbarker

Replaced my iPhone SE ( 4yrs old) for iPhone 12 as it would go from 100% at bedtime down to 15% by AM without touching it....it was done!

FreeKnight

Nightly on a qi charger for my Note 9. I realize that's basically the 'worst' practice, but the phone's still going strong at 3 years and I rarely run low on battery so I've either gotten lucky or it's not quite the battery atrocity the web makes it out to be sometimes.

sswilson

Staff member
Every second night on my TCL 10 Pro, although I do sometimes stretch that out to 3 if I've done a couple of hours worth of driving with the phone plugged in.

I'm certainly not a power user when it comes to the battery on my phone. I don't play games and the only video streaming I do is the occasional watching TV on the bell fibe app while waiting for my better half or an appt.

Latest posts