What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Intel Haswell i7-4770K & i5-4670K Review Comment Thread

Eldonko

Ugh, that is discouraging. I probably would have ebayed the chip and tried my luck with another.

Mr. Cipher

Great review Sky, as ever. Looks like a good contender for the upgrade I am planning to my i7 920 rig, with some ability to upgrade once Broadwell comes out afterwards.

Very curious to see how oc'ing compared between the 4760k and 4770k i.e. is the price diff worth it?

Also fyi - I was confused because I saw on this page it stating there were no comments though, which I thought was odd given the review is now 2 months old and indeed there are 6 pages of comments! Processors | Hardware Canucks

sswilson

Staff member
Great review Sky, as ever. Looks like a good contender for the upgrade I am planning to my i7 920 rig, with some ability to upgrade once Broadwell comes out afterwards.

Very curious to see how oc'ing compared between the 4760k and 4770k i.e. is the price diff worth it?

Also fyi - I was confused because I saw on this page it stating there were no comments though, which I thought was odd given the review is now 2 months old and indeed there are 6 pages of comments! Processors | Hardware Canucks

We've had two separate comment locations for quite a while, although looking through the last few 0 comment reviews I'm wondering if the front page comment function hasn't been turned off because of spammers.

When it was working, the front page comment system allowed anon comments to be made as opposed to requiring a person to register with the forums.

elmorejohn46

I am glad that I bought the i7-3820 ,does all the overclocking I want.But I knew it would be going down this road because the Tablets and phones is where the money is .I got my fist smartphone last year and I was surpprise at the graphics and they will just get better ,the CPU is plenty fast enough for nearly all games.They have 7" tablets with 1920 x1200 resolutions.As for as my desktop computer I see no reason for me to upgrade.