What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Intel Haswell i7-4770K & i5-4670K Review Comment Thread

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
After more than two years of speculation Intel's Haswell is finally here. This new architecture incorporates several new and potentially game-changing features into a 22nm die that consumes substantially less power than Ivy Bridge. In this review we take a look at two processors: the i7 4770K and the i5 4670K.

Read more here: http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/foru...1-intel-haswell-i7-4770k-i5-4670k-review.html

Last edited:

Soultribunal

Staff member
Excellent review!
Can't wait to see the last *tear* generation of Intels own branded boards out. Upgrade my i5 2400 to this would probably make sense and last me 2 years at least.

Just gotta wait on costs.

-ST

Squeetard

"Quote This..."
Great review Sky!

Time to do a new build. Haswell and SLI 770's I think.

Bao

lol I was hoping to see the rumoured "EZ 6Ghz trollolol" overclocks :p

FreeKnight

Good review Sky. The power consumption is a pretty substantial improvement and I think it will help intel's mobile entries shine. I can only imagine how much a Haswell would cut my powerbill compared to my Nehalems.

That being said, I'm still a little torn on the decision to upgrade or not. The extra SATAIIIs would be nice and I've never really been that happy with the G1 Sniper 1366 board I have. I'm looking forward to some ASUS ROG and MSI board reviews. Maybe they'll help me put the 920 chip to pasture.

Is it at all possible that the integrated graphics into the Sandy Bridge, Haswell, etc platforms are part of why processor speed hasn't really seemed to significantly increase? I don't think it's as simple as 'it's taking horsepower space on the chip', but I'm curious as to if it's part of why the clock speed increases haven't been dramatic, or if it's a matter of the limits of silicon, marketing or something completely different (I'm not particularly knowledgeable on the CPU structures, limits and inner workings).

AkG

I know exactly what you mean FreeKnight. The new kitty cat Sabertooth z87 looks very sweet....but the new MSI Xpower ...looks amazing (IIRC its even waterproof). I cant wait to see reviews on those two mobos. :)

Dzzope

Great review Sky!

Time to do a new build. Haswell and SLI 770's I think.

Ditto, sooo tempted.

Can't wait to see more on the overclocking (and the 4670k done too hopefully)

One thing I don't get is why you didn't include a 920 or even slightly older parts as I think these are the people that will be most likely to upgrade here?

I get you can't test everything and it add a butt load of work for every part you test against but I would have liked to have seen that much and the A series dropped when IGP wasn't being used.

I know exactly what you mean FreeKnight. The new kitty cat Sabertooth z87 looks very sweet....but the new MSI Xpower ...looks amazing (IIRC its even waterproof). I cant wait to see reviews on those two mobos. :)

Wasn't that an ASrock z87 fatality?

Latest posts