What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Intel I9-14900KS Review

moocow

der8auer posted a review of the 14900KS. TLDR version is that minimum speed increase over the K but at 10% to 40% power increase. In some of his test cases, it barely beats the AMD 7950X3D but at much higher power.

moocow

HUB's review is very similar. Didn't realize Intel have the balls to charge $100 USD over the 14900K for that little performance bump. Per usual, Intel's marketing slides may be gamed since it only say the KS had Application Optimization turned on but not the K when comparing the 2.

Bond007

Haha. Loved when der8auer said 13900KSSS (13900K, to 13900KS, to 14900K, to 14900KS are all the same except minor speed bumps and more power).

More money for 2-4% extra in gaming at 30-40% more power. This is fine, this is fine. Still loses to 7800X3D in most games while consuming crazy amounts more power. I think this should have been left as an idea at best. Too far to the right on the volt/freq curve.

It’s a good piece of silicon, just dated now and pushed to hard. Wait for new silicon.

crazyea

It's cool to be negative. But if you think about it the world is full of incremental upgrades. Things that used to be updated every 4 years are now minor yearly upgrades with big markup. This is no different.

moocow

Hardly an incremental upgrade. We aren't talking about Nvidia 4000 to 4000S which is faster with a slight price drop. We are talking about 3% performance increase for 33% more money. Intel didn't bring anything better (price to performance ratio wise) to the table, they probably just binned a few 14900K and try to sucker people into a "fastest!!!!11111!!!!" CPU.

crazyea

Hardly an incremental upgrade. We aren't talking about Nvidia 4000 to 4000S which is faster with a slight price drop. We are talking about 3% performance increase for 33% more money. Intel didn't bring anything better (price to performance ratio wise) to the table, they probably just binned a few 14900K and try to sucker people into a "fastest!!!!11111!!!!" CPU.
Your bias is noted. Thanks. These stupid cpu's are not for you and me, they are for the people who want to achieve an extra couple hundred 3dmarks or whatever to put them on the top of the leaderboard. Thats it.

moocow

Well it certainly did top the OC charts.

crazyea

Well it certainly did top the OC charts.

And for those results alone there will be people who will buy the cpu just to say they have the fastest one and never even try to push it. People like me who buy stupid high end shit just to sit on HWC. And no, even though I did move to a 14900k, I have never bought a KS sku ever.

Latest posts