What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Just Ordered Gigabyte x38-DQ6 @ NCIX

cadaveca

Banned
This one is Nathaniel, first was Sebastian.

In regards to overclocking, i had thought that the Bioware boys might help on that front...Fragapolozza is pretty much thanks to them, but after meeting most of them I don't find them to be the "extreme" bunch I had hoped for...lol...software guys tho, right, so kinda makes sense.

Tech community(business-wise) is pretty big(Intuit, Dell, IBM, etc all have offices here) but that's about it. Too bad...

turtletrax

Banned
OK, So. I finally got time to get this rig at least put together and Vista x64 loaded. Tried a mild OC of 400FSB with 1.34Vcore and I am apparently stable. I ran Prime 25.4 for an hour and was good.

Liking this board so far but it is early. Allot of groaning it seems on XS forums, but I dont know if it is lack of knowledge of the chipset or BIOS immaturity. I haven't tried any BIOS's yet other than stock yet. I will save that for a day I have enough time to really get going on OCing.

Build quality is really high IMHO :punk:

CasheKicker

COngrats, hope the baby and mom are doing well...

So about that board. How has the tides of time faired out for you. Any issues?

I am wainting for my DQ6 to show up so I can get my E8400 up and running. Any tips for a noobie?

turtletrax

Banned
Mom and Baby are fantastic :) Thanks for asking m8.

I ended up having MAJOR issues with the board and sent it back to NCIX for Refund. Payed the restock fee and was so happy to be rid of it.

I got a DFI P35-T2R and havent looked back. Best Mobo I have had since the Ultra-D/Expert days. Might even be better TBH.

Wish I had more for you ...

turtletrax

Banned
Could you expand on the issues? Would be nice to know what to look for.

Cheers

I had random bootfailure of my RAID and less than stunning FSB. Would also have endless reboot issues. Another thing that angered me was the rapid release of terrible BIOS's. The were being churned out extremely fast and each was worse than the last.

To be fully honest I hated the board with a passion. I do not think I will be buying Giga boards anymore.

CasheKicker

WOW, well I hope my experience does not repeat yours. I will give it a try and see what happens. If I have issues it will be RMA'd back and I will try a different board I guess.

Latest posts