What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Let's go Team !!

BrainEater

Yep.....Let's Go Team !!

This is why we fold.I've got family dealing with cancer too.I also have family that's beaten cancer. I'd bet a lot of us do....

Chris , Optimism is really important.They've proven laughter is good for you , if that's not a positive attitude I don't know what is.Chin up bud !

:thumb:

----

On a less important note , we're also approaching another major milestone , 1 million work units.Fantastic work everyone , lets keep it up !

Way To Fold

Zink

I'm looking at acquiring a cheap 4p G34 board. In the US there are places like wiredzone.com that have the supermicro H8QGL-IF+ for $635 which looks like a good deal to me. It seems like I can get one for $650 shipped plus HST at the boarder so about $735. Is there any way to get this board or anything similar in Canada for cheaper?

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
I'm looking at acquiring a cheap 4p G34 board. In the US there are places like wiredzone.com that have the supermicro H8QGL-IF+ for $635 which looks like a good deal to me. It seems like I can get one for $650 shipped plus HST at the boarder so about $735. Is there any way to get this board or anything similar in Canada for cheaper?
That's a mighty fine good price.

Zink

That's a mighty fine good price.
That's what I figure, I never considered 4p because I figured the boards were $800 plus tax and shipping and $500 per CPU. I think I can put together a system using this board and ebay 2ghz octo chips for $1700 all in with tax. It should do over 250k ppd so I'll call it a day there and stop worrying about things like having a 2500k dedicated for folding.

dandelioneater

That's what I figure, I never considered 4p because I figured the boards were $800 plus tax and shipping and $500 per CPU. I think I can put together a system using this board and ebay 2ghz octo chips for $1700 all in with tax. It should do over 250k ppd so I'll call it a day there and stop worrying about things like having a 2500k dedicated for folding.
Mine cost about $2000 not including psu or case. I bought from retail outlets. (never used ebay b4)

4DoorGTZ

Experiment starting Christmas eve, CL9 ram out, CL7 ram in.... tpf better go down. All depends on the memory profiles this old Crucial memory has.

4DoorGTZ

From 20:46 to 20:12 on a 6904. Too bad I tripped the breaker at 96% of a bidadv, allowed for the experiment to start sooner. So about 3% improvement even though I went down to 16gb and heatsinkless, chips only on one side, old ddr3.

Latest posts

Twitter