What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Microsoft targets Windows 8 for 2012

bojangles

They need a 5 year cycle or longer. Give their product time to mature instead of just barely getting anyone on it and then changing everything.

I *hate* how they redesign and rename the GUI's each time.

The GUI hasn't really been updated in a really long time. If you think about it, it's been the same since NT4.0, albeit some improvements. Windows 7 is probably the best iteration so far, the others having no significant changes at all.

I personally think that three years is a good amount of time for a release. I guess you should tell Ubuntu that as well :p.

sswilson

Staff member
I suspect this has more to do with the push for on-line dominance than it does with an OS upgrade path.

Gazing into my crystal ball, I'm seeing an OS that does away with IE completely (allows them to circumvent the trouble they've had with the EU) in favour of a fully integrated on-line experience right from the desktop.

ayah

The default user computer-manipulation device should be neural-interface by then IMO.

belgolas

Well 2012 is a bit too soon IMO. They should do a 4-5 year cycle. Why don't they work on windows mobile or something else that needs major improvement.

Rook

I agree 3 years is too soon, seeing as people like me as well as others had to pay $180 for a retail copy of 7. This could become espically troublesome if you have many computers, but they do have the family pack or whatever.

Regardless the way they did XP to Vista was the best IMO, waited a good long while and XP was still plenty of use then release a new OS. There is no need for constant new OSes if users want do to the same stuff on the computer. Editing applications, gaming, etc.

Latest posts