What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

need to control cat's shedding habits

cmac79

we have 5 cats 4 of em are indoor cats...we tried everything and the only thing to work well is a damn broom to sweep it all up lol........one thing one of our cats really loves like perineum said rub it down while watchin tv, we have one of those gloves with like a brush on it,that works pretty good but all our other cats ae afraid of it so only one gets a good rub down with it lol

JD

Staff member
I do bathe her at least once a month (she doesnt go outside) but even then its twice as bad after a bath lol. I need a good brush to comb her. what do you suggest? the ones i've seen around town have very wide spred... whatever those are called. I cant find one with finer... fingers? heh you know what i mean...
I have some really fine wire toothed brush which works well. Think I got it at Pet Smart.

Though I could sit there all day and comb them and still keep getting hair off...

Perineum

Yeah, I have a white handled comb with closely spaced steel teeth. I think I got it at petsmart as well....

vulcan500rider

Some of it's the time of year, too; it will get better--or at least it does with my two cats. Lots of petting, the steel brush, and (if you can find one) a round rubber brush seem to be the best choices. Most of what the rubber brush gets is the undercoat, which is what they're liable to be losing this time of year. The steel brush will pull all of the loose stuff out, so do the rubber one first, and clean it up with the steel. Other than that, you'll just have to wait it out.

tzetsin

i've got that glove one too, an i find that it only works if she's stressed out (she sheds like maaaaaaaad when she's stressed out, so pretty much anything'll work)

M

member 3099

Yeah I'd probably just vaccuum my cat if I had one... But I'm a dick lol :biggrin:

BTW... Jack Link's Jalapeno beef jerkey is amazing.

bovine.baron

See if you can find a furminator. :thumb:

furminatorcat.jpg