What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

New ATI drivers 12.2 (even though it's March)

Eluder

AMD never guaranteed a driver release per month, they just promised 12 releases per year, and that usually coincided with a release every month... :)

sswilson

Staff member
AMD never guaranteed a driver release per month, they just promised 12 releases per year, and that usually coincided with a release every month... :)

It's not so much about how many releases there are, it's that we all assumed the naming convention was based on what month it was released in....

yamawho

I also noticed the chipset drivers were updated ...

Name File Size Revision Number Release
Date Download
Link
AMD Chipset Drivers 37.8 MB 12.2 3/7/2012 Download
Description:
This package is for motherboards with 700 series or newer AMD chipsets, and includes:
AMD Chipset Drivers
AMD AHCI Driver
AMD USB 3.0 Driver

AMD Chipset Drivers

Ernimus Prime

KNOWN ISSUES

Known issues under the Windows 7 operating system

The following section provides a summary of open issues that may be experienced under the Windows 7 operating system in the latest version of AMD Catalyst. These include:
  • <LI id=rrli72>Alan Wake - Enabling CrossfireX can cause corruptions or hangs. This issue will be fixed in AMD Catalyst 12.3

<LI id=rrli73>Elder Scrolls - Image corruption can be be seen with Anti-Aliasing enabled on speciic AMD graphics hardware. This issue will be fixed in AMD Catalyst 12.3

<LI id=rrli74>Vsync may be disabled after task switching when playing Rage.

<LI id=rrli75>A black screen may be displayed when running Civilization V in certain Eyefinity configurations.

<LI id=rrli76>Playing Far Cry 2 at high in game settings may generate a system hang.
  • Poor performance may be experience when playing Dirt 3 in DirectX 11 mode at low resolutions with Crossfire enabled.
this is a driver related bug. People with 6xxx series cards have the same issue as well. I haven't heard anyone with the 7xxx series complain about this as you said.

headsh0t

Guess I won't be updating to 12.2 if there are problems with AA in Skyrim. I was also thinking about playing Alan Wake at some point too, and I see this introduces issues with crossfire. There aren't really any improvements listed that I need.

Latest posts